Social Icons

This, That and the Other

Here's a random post for you...

A.) I got a new phone.  One day last Fall my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S4, started shutting off all by itself.  Sometimes I could get it turned on right away, other times I thought it was dead as a door nail only to finally get it turned back on again. So I finally sat down with the darn thing and wrote down every.last.phone number in my contacts just in case it really did die and they couldn't transfer the numbers over.  Well, it got over whatever bizarre thing it was going through and didn't do it again ... until last week on Thursday.  We don't have a land line so if I don't have my cell phone I don't have a phone in case of an emergency. I decided it was time to bite the bullet and get a new phone.  I ended up getting an Iphone 5S for 1 penny - awesome!  So far I like it better than my Android, although there are a couple of things I miss about my old phone, like the notification light.  The camera on the new phone is so much better, though - no lag time when I push the shutter button!

3.)  I received my weekly email about what my toddler should be up to now.  23 months, week 3 - yikes!  So it says:
Your toddler can probably hum and sing songs such as "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and make three-word sentences, like "Cup fall down." She can probably follow a two-part request, like "Come here and turn around so I can comb your hair." Many kids this age also have fun identifying opposites like "tall man, short man," or "big block, little block."
And that makes me realize I must not be doing a very good job as a stay at home mom because my little toddler-almost 2 year old of mine, can't speak in 3 word sentences and doesn't know how to hum any real song, just the made up ones in his head.  Yea yea, all kids are different and some do things, such as speak, earlier than others, blah blah blah, but still!  I feel like I'm doing something wrong here.  Damn email, thanks for pissing in my Cheerios.

X.)  For X-Files!!!  Yes folks, it's back ON!!!!  Eee, I am so over the moon about this 6 episode resurrection, I can't even tell you how excited I am!  I was a major X-Files geek back in the day. Andy even remembers me talking about it clear back in jr. high, well before we were even close to dating, let alone him having the hots for me (ha!).  It is one of my top 5 favorite shows of all time, and it's BACK!!!  And oh boy, the writers did not disappoint!  It was so dang classic Mulder and Scully, classic X-Files, I thought maybe I had died and gone to heaven!!! So so good!

2.) Tate does speak a little. For example, just last night we were sitting on the couch together while he was playing with 2 cars. One fell down beneath my leg and he asked "where'd the other one go?"  Just like that but in his toddler mushy-mouthed way.  Shocked!  Where did he get that?  So there, he said a 5 word sentence - suck it Baby Center email!  And, because my sweet little muffin is about to turn two we've been working on "how old are you Tate?" so he will answer "2!"  So I said "How old are you Tate? Two!" and he said "One!" because he likes to count 1, 2, 3 then tear off running across the living room, but sometimes he says them in random order - thus saying 1 after I said 2.  :)  He's starting to catch on now, btw.  Oh, and how is it that my little feisty guy is only 2 weeks from turning 2???

F.) Did you know that Monday is the 1st of February?!?  Super excited, that's the beginning of my birthday month, yippee!  If you are a long-time follower of this blog you might remember that I don't just celebrate my birth-day, I celebrate my birth-month. So, starting Monday, let the celebrating begin!

Have a great Tuesday!

 

4 comments:

  1. I need a new phone so bad. I have the iphone 4s and it does the same stupid thing, has since October. I basically have to keep mine plugged in all the time or it just dies, even at 100%. UGH! I am pretty excited for February too and it's not my birthday month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stopped reading those little weekly/monthly updates that come to my email. I figure if my kid is behind the doctor will tell me at the check ups. So far, so good. :) And, I know for a fact you're doing an amazing job as a mom. Don't let those silly update have you thinking otherwise.

    Also - XFiles, I'm excited to watch, but I'm not sure I can get Scott on board. We already have too many shows we like, and never enough time to watch them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the iphone club! It's so fun to get a new phone . . . just when you think they can't get any cooler, they do! And Tate basically just scored way ahead with his 5 word sentence . . . those comparison charts are cool, but will make you crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am fairly certain you are an excellent stay-at-home mother. Relish the quite while you can. One he'll start and won't stop! Haha! He'll be embarrassing you all over the place. That's what Lukas does. He says all kinds of inappropriate things in the worse places.

    ReplyDelete