Social Icons

Intro & Resolutions




I'm a week late but thought I'd still join in on the fun with Momfessionals.

First, let me (re)introduce myself!  I'm Erin!  I've been married to my high school sweetheart for almost 14 years!



In those years we've had 4 kids - Aiden (9), Brennan (6), Tate (23mo) and Tenley (2mo)


- and have moved 3 times.  I'm a licensed cosmetologist but haven't worked in a salon since Aiden was born - that's almost 10 years ago!

For the last 4 years I've been a stay at home mom and I love it!  Yes, there are many challenging days but the fun ones outweigh those for sure!


I enjoy gardening, whether that's in my flower beds or vegetable garden.  I also love to mow - I just hit cruise control on my John Deere mower, crank up the tunes on my hearing protection and zone out.  Love it!

I like to cook but I hate trying to figure out what's for supper every night.

I like to read but ever since having Tate I haven't read as much as I used to.  Which brings me to the first thing on my 2016 'To Do' list.  I don't like resolutions because I never follow through but these things are what I'd like to do this year.  I hope I can cross them all off my list by December 31st.

So, reading.  I'd like to read 15 books this year.  Not a lofty goal but I'm being realistic.  And I've already crossed 1 book off so I only have 14 more to read to meet my goal!  Friend me on Goodreads so you can see what I'm reading and what's on my 'to read' list!

The second thing on my 'To Do' list is to deep clean every single room in the house.  To make this manageable I plan to clean one room each month.  And by deep clean I'm talking washing down the walls, purging, reorganizing, etc.  My husband doesn't know he's my lucky helper with this task, ha ha!

Next, my veggie garden.  Last summer I thought I had an abundance of canned green beans and tomato products so I didn't plant many of either and didn't can anything.  Guess what -- I was wrong! And now I'm buying green beans from the grocery store.  Boo.  This summer I need to plant a lot of beans and tomatoes.  It'd be nice to grow those and not weeds (they got away from me last summer and it was a jungle out there!).  My 'to do' item is to weed and hoe regularly and to spread Preen early in the Spring and in mid Summer to help combat them.  Also, I want to purchase my tomato plants from our school's FFA instead of from the store.

I have a couple other odds and ends on my list, but nothing noteworthy.  What are your goals/resolutions/ To Do's for 2016?

Here are the other topics for this year's Momfessionals Show and Tell Tuesdays, join in on the fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm in a cleaning / purging mood too, over here. I spent SO much money the last couple of money thanks to the holidays so in January I'm really trying to stick close to home and get 100% caught up on all my bills again... which means that I'm home more than usual and that gives me the perfect time to deep clean every room! Both kids rooms are done, kitchen is done including (every.single.cabinet.), living room is done AND, the biggest one of all... the basement!! It feels SO good to throw stuff out that we don't use or need... such a cleansing start to the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of you and Andy is so sweet!!
    "I like to cook but I hate trying to figure out what's for supper every night. " Ha. That's me every. single. night. Before the kids were born I had all this time to plan and meal prep. Now? Good lord, I'm scrambling to put something (anything!) on the table half the time.
    I love reading so much. But, like you, just don't seem to have the time to really sit down and read like I used to. Sometimes I miss the days of lazy Sundays spent curled up on the couch, reading a book from cover to cover.

    ReplyDelete