Social Icons

What's On The Menu? Monday -- Spaghetti Meatballs

Let me start this by saying I don't like spaghetti.  When I was pregnant with Brennan, my youngest, I couldn't stand the taste of spaghetti sauce.  Not on spaghetti, not in lasagna, not in anything!  And wouldn't you know, dear Brennan doesn't like spaghetti sauce either!  So funny how that darn pregnancy thing works.  Anywho, I don't like spaghetti but I love these meatballs on spaghetti!  There is so much flavor from the breadcrumbs that they trump the taste of the sauce, and even little Brennie will eat them!  Sorry again for no 'after' picture.  I get all caught up in getting the food on the table I forget to snap a shot.  I'll try harder next week!  Oh, and if you're really going to enjoy these you must pronounce them "Meatza-Ballies".  Don't ask, just do!

Spaghetti Meatballs
1lb ground beef
1/3 c Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned bread crumbs (OMG!)
1/4 c milk
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste (I never put this in, enough flavor from the bread crumbs)

Mix together all ingredients.  (Time out!  Here's a great tip for mixing ground meat -- Use a metal potato masher!  It works like a charm!!!)

 Preheat your over to 400 degrees.  Then make any size meatza-ballies you want.  I have a Pampered Chef scoop w/ trigger that I use, I think it's their large one.  Line these up on a large baking sheet and pop 'em in the over for 20 minutes.

 Ok, here's the cool part.  You can let these puppies cool then put into the freezer OR dump them right into a medium sauce pan to finish cooking for supper that night. Talk about an easy supper for later in the month!  If you choose to go directly to the stove top, cover them with a jar of spaghetti sauce and bring 'em to a boil.  Then turn it down to simmer for 15 minutes.  Serve these on top of a pile of spaghetti noodles and you're done!  De-li-cious!  Mmm!  And easy. 

There you have it, Spaghetti Meatballs.  And if you're freaked out about having a big bag of those bread crumbs just sitting there until the next time you make meatza-ballies, don't worry.  Just sprinkle some over the top of your casseroles.  It adds a whole new dimension to your every day, run of the mill casserole!

Happy Monday!
Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!