Social Icons

The Best Husband

Let me preface this by saying everyone thinks their own kids or husband are the best ever, no one has one as good as theirs.  I know.  But mine are the best for me.  My amazing husband says or does some of the most amazing, small things for me.  I love the song by Glen Campbell "Wichita Lineman".  The line that says "I need you more than want you, I want you for all time" just sends shivers down my spine and gives me goosebumps all over.  It's how I feel about my Andrew.  So we were texting back and forth just now about a new mower (sheesh, that rain sure made the grass grow!) and I sent three texts back to back - I want you, I need you, I love you.  And in response he texted me my line from the song.  Mmmm.  What an amazing guy.  My heart melted, and so did I.  If you came to my house right now you'd find me in a puddle on my chair, smiling.  That man amazes me, and he spoils me rotten.  He might not rub my feet or back for more than 7 seconds, but he does so much more for me to make me feel loved.  He's the only person that truly makes me laugh.  I might laugh at people, but I never feel it down to my toes like I do with Andy.  I have more fun with him than with anyone else.  I'd rather spend time with him than with anyone else.  We can make something out of nothing, and we have the best conversations when driving in the car.  His hugs are magic medicine for anything that's wrong with me.  There's a part in the movie 'Saving Private Ryan' where Tom Hank's character is talking about his wife in her rose garden.  The other character says "Tell me about your wife in her rose garden," and he says "No, that one's just for me."  I feel that way about a lot of me and Andy stories.  They'd be fun to share but I think those moments were made just for us, to keep close to our hearts and pull up from our memory when we need to smile.

I love that man.

Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!