Social Icons

And Just Like That Aiden Turns 10

Ten years ago on June 29th I was supposed to go out to supper with my friends.  About 5:30 I cancelled on them because I was feeling 'off'.  Couldn't put my finger on it but I knew I didn't feel right.  I went home, called Andy to make sure he was on his way home from work an hour away, and then went out to my little garden and picked green beans 9 months pregnant and HUGE!  The rest of the evening I panicked, wondering if this little bundle growing inside me was on it's way.  We went to bed, I slept the whole night through and awoke the next morning at 6:00 am still pregnant.  Thirty minutes later the contractions started.  Aiden was born that evening weighing in at 9lbs 1 oz.  He was perfect, cute, a little chubby and all ours.


Ha ha! This is the WORST PICTURE EVER!!!  Hello lack of sleep and lack of hair and makeup!  But that sweet little boy looks so kissable so just focus on him. :)
I can't believe an entire decade has passed since that day.  Aiden has grown into the coolest kid!  He is kind, funny, he loves music, he's an amazing big brother and friend!  Aiden is so fun to watch when playing any of his sports - he gives it his all every single time which makes for some fun and exciting plays!  The kid will eat almost anything but his favorite is spicy food - namely hot wings!  He's fun to hang out with, I love chatting with him in the car on the way out to work the sheep.  I'm always surprised at how laid back he is, until he isn't anymore.




I love watching Aiden grow and mature.  I hate that he's growing up but gosh is it fun most times!  I don't want to rush to the finish line but I can't wait to see what Aiden becomes as an adult because he's a pretty neat kid!

A little Q&A with my 10 year old.

The best show on TV is...
Sports Center

My favorite thing about school...
is lunch.  Why?  Because I like eating food.

The thing I'm best at is...
football.

If I could change my name it would be...
Hmmm, that's a hard one.  It would be... I don't know, Chase?

When I grow up I want to be...
a football player

Favorites:
book/series... Harry Potter
movie... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
season of the year... Summer!
food... hot wings!
animal... sheep.
sport... football
holiday... Christmas
color... green

My best friends are...
Chase, Conner, Evan, Hunter


Happy happy birthday, Aiden!  We love you so very much!


3 comments:

  1. Aw. TEN YEARS! It went by in a blink, I'm sure.
    Happy Birthday to Aiden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Big 10 Aiden!!! I seriously can't believe how 3 of our kids are so close in age. Or even their birthdays only being weeks apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Aiden - double digits!!!! What a fun handsome boy . . . sports and hot wings . . . he's going to make a fun adult too! Ha! And I love the hospital picture - you look adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete