Social Icons

What's for supper?

Does anyone else struggle with coming up with supper ideas?  I have found making a weekly menu before I go to the grocery store helps me quite a bit (it also saves me money because then I just buy what I need for these meals and not random ingredients hoping they'll turn into something amazing to feed my family).  But this week I ran out of ideas so I didn't make a menu.  And now it's almost 1 in the afternoon and I have nothing thawed or even imagined for supper.  I always seem to have a harder time coming up with meal ideas in the summer because I just don't feel like cooking.  It's so much easier in the fall and winter when you want to fix something hearty to warm you up from the inside out. 

Tomorrow we are going to our state fair.  There is a chance of spotty showers in the morning but there are so many buildings to go in and explore that I don't think that will be a problem.  I am excited to watch the boys experience the fair.  Aiden remembers some things from last year but now that he is 5 I think he will really hold on to his memories of our day and look back on it for years to come.  I remember going with my parents and sister as a kid.  We didn't go every year but when we did it was always the same -- we always ate at the same booth, always walked the same route, always ran into my grandpa picking up as many pens and pencils as he could from the different booths.  Aww, memories. They keep you warm at night. :)

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!