Social Icons

Clothesline, Anniversary and Lunch

Dear Grandma,
I finally have my clothesline!  I've waited 5 long years to have another one since moving out of our first house, and now I have one!  Dad made it for me, told me it was my housewarming gift. So today I was finally able to hang the boys' sheets out to dry -- this will be the first time in their lives that they've had line dried sheets and clothes, isn't that a crazy thought?  It surprises me how many people do not have a clothesline.  But in our new neighborhood almost all of the houses have a line in their backyard and about half of them use them.  I am so excited to bring Aiden's comforter in this afternoon and put it on his bed!  It's the little things for me. :)

We went to meet Andy for lunch today.  It's been hard to not get to see him a few times during the week for lunch so it was a nice treat for all of us.  We went to a restaurant that is a lot like one of our favorite restaurants in our hometown.  The pizza was really good!  And they have sandwiches and steaks, too.  That town has such a cute downtown area, I hope they have a committee to keep it looking nice and moving forward.

Met another neighbor today, although this gal lives a few blocks away.  Her mother-in-law lives across the street from us but is currently in a long term care unit.  They found she has cancer and are treating it.  She is 90 years old and up until she went to LTC she push mowed her own lawn!  This gal said her MIL is a spunky gal, I hope I get to meet her and that she gets to move back home.

Today is my 1 year anniversary of staying home with the boys.  I can't believe it's been a year already!  It's been challenging, for sure, but I am so happy that I have been given this opportunity.  I love spending time with the boys and I love that we can go do whatever we want to now (visit family, go to the park, get groceries, etc).  I wish I could ask you how it was for you when you raised your boys.

I'd better go get the kitchen cleaned up.  Talk to you tomorrow,

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!