Good morning! I’m so glad it’s Thursday, this has been a long week. No, nothing exciting going on today, just means we’re one day closer to the weekend.
Last night Aiden had a flag football game. I was so surprised at how rude and downright mean the other team was! I saw one kid show an act of sportsmanship, otherwise the rest of them were pretty much … punks. It’s so frustrating and disheartening. We preach good manners, being friendly to all, and showing good sportsmanship on AND off the field. Aiden was very upset about how mean they were, which only gave us a great teaching opportunity. We reminded him that in a few years those kids he played against from the next town over are going to be his teammates because our football teams are a combination of our kids and theirs because our school districts are so small. Those kids are going to be his friends in the end, so continue to treat them with kindness and respect because one day they might end up being great friends.
Please remember to teach your kids what good sportsmanship is. They are kids, after all, and at this age these games are supposed to be fun, not rough and tough and mean words.
My dear friend, Annie, nominated me for another Sunshine Award. I’m going to answer her questions now.
1. You're at starbucks what do you order? Do they have muffins?? I don’t drink coffee so have never been to a Starbucks.
2. Do you and your hubby/significant other have celeb "free passes" if so who? No, we don’t have ‘free passes’ although we are free to mention how HOT a celeb is (hello Jon Hamm!)
3. Peanut butter and jelly or honey? If you’re talking toast, I’d have to choose Honey (right now, this will change again in a few months I’m sure). But if you’re talking making a sandwich, I’ve never had a sandwich with just honey, but I think I might have to try that, sounds yummy. And side note – my aunt and uncle ‘raise’ honey bees and make honey to sell, and I am saying this with no bias and with all certainty: theirs is the BEST honey I’ve ever had!!! At their son’s wedding in June the couple gave out tiny little honey bears of honey that said on the front “Meant To Bee”. So cute!
4. Favorite workout machine at the gym or at home? At home, the treadmill (b/c it’s the only machine I have.)
5. Favorite place to online shop? I’ve never been a huge online shopper, but recently I’ve ordered from Old Navy.com. I signed up for Ebates.com and the last few times I’ve ordered online I’ve forgotten to go through there – duh, Erin!!!
6. You have 3 hours of uninterrupted time what do you do? Hmmm, good question. Maybe clean, maybe lay on the couch and watch some TV.
7. If you could do ANYTHING to your hair and you knew it would look good what would you do? Chop it all off! And go blonde.
8. If you have to choose between doing your makeup or doing your hair what do you do? Makeup. Having long hair is handy, I can just pull that ish up in a ponytail and walk out the door. But now that I have pregnancy acne running rampant there is not way I am walking out the door w/o makeup!
9. Day at the spa or day at the beach? Oh wow, that’s a toss up. It would depend on what is happening in my life at that time. Right now I’m going to say day at the beach. I’d love a nice, adult, relaxing vacation right now.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight? Sure, why not believe in s/t that wonderful? I’m a hopeless romantic, after all.
Can you believe how fast September is flying by? I know at the top I said this week was going slow but this month? This month is flying by!
Happy Thursday, friends!