Social Icons

The One Where I Linked Up

Taking a line from Jake with my title, fitting, right?!?  Actually, I just want him to like me is all.  Hii-eee Jake!  How’d you like DC the other night?

Ok, now I’m done trying to get him to like me… for now.

I’m linking up with Jake-brake (don’t ask, I don’t know) and Holly-molly (again, don’t ask) for their ‘Finish the Sentence’ link up.  Join in on the fun!

button

1. I laughed so hard I cried when... one night after an Iowa Basketball game our friend, who has worse road rage than me if that’s possible, was bobbing and weaving through traffic when he came to a stop light.  We were about 4 cars back from the intersection.  He was in the left lane, pulled into the right lane thinking he needed to be there, then realized he wanted back in the left lane, so pulled back into the left lane… right in front of the car we had been behind.  That car probably thought we were trying to pass them when really Mike was not sure where he was going.  I laughed and laughed and laughed!!!!  Sorry, I guess you had to be there! (Side bar: I think car humor is the BEST.  If a car hits a curb, I about pee myself laughing!)
2. My high school... has the Demon as their mascot and that totally rocks!
3. It really pisses me off... when parents from your kids’ school totally ignore you when they see you out and about, even when they see you daily at school and recognize you.  Assholes.
4. In ten years... I hope to be rocking it behind a chair in a salon again.  And will have a 16 yr old – holy crap!
5. If I could erase one thing... it would be something stupid I’ve probably said.
6. In 1999... I graduated from high school! What up Class of ‘99?!?!
7. Honestly... Andy is the one person I never get tired of being around.  He’s my lobster (that’s for you Jake!!).
8. To me, Sushi... sucks.
9. Someone really needs to invent... individualized stores.  I want a store where I can go in and everything fits me and I love everything in there.  That would take the guess work out of things for me!
10. The first time I drank alcohol... I had a wine cooler at my friend’s house.  Her mom was newly divorced and wanted to be the cool parent so the dad would look like the lamebrain parent, so she bought wine coolers and we drank them at her house while my friend got ready for us to go out.  Smart mom, letting us drink and drive.  I have to say, though, I only drank about a half a cooler – I’m a lightweight and scared of being drunk.
11. The one question I would ask God is... about my Grandma.  I miss her.
12. Lindsay Lohan... needs to be banned from acting and all thing celebrity. She should be made to live like a monk (or nun) for 10 years until she is so far away from all the crazy that she will come out normal and not be such a whack job. 

I thought it might be fun to make my husband answer these, too, so here are his answers.

1. I laughed so hard I cried when...Jim Carrey (as Charlie) on the movie “Me, Myself and Irene” shot the prize cow in the head when he thought it was dead, but it really wasn’t.
2. My high school...sweetheart was and still is hot.
3. It really pisses me off...when I pick my nose and it’s full again in a couple of minutes.
4. In ten years...I hope I’m having as much fun as I do today.
5. If I could erase one thing...it would be the ten (and the ones that followed after the first ten) 3-Wisemen shots I did after the Hawks lost in ‘07 to Iowa State.
6. In 1999...I partied like Prince.
7. Honestly...my high school sweetheart is ridiculously hot.
8. To me, Sushi...looks fun to eat, but am not sure I’d ever be able to do it-especially sober.
9. Someone really needs to invent...well, I just listened to a couple of old guys talking today how someone needs to invent a dentist drill that doesn’t make that annoying/scary noise when it’s grinding on your teeth and how someone also needs to invent a colonoscopy where you don’t need to prep for it (I think I know what that means, but am not sure)-those seem like pretty good ones, coming from guys with more years than I.  If I had my druthers, I wish someone would invent a hot tub time machine.
10. The first time I drank alcohol...I was a toddler slurping off the top of my old man’s Old Milwaukee while he played cards with his buddies.  Not sure why that was en vogue in southeast Iowa at that time, but it seems to have been fairly common-at least amongst my hillbilly buddies.  And good god, the lumberjack beer!?  Maybe that’s why I’m the robust specimen of a man that I am today B-)
11. The one question I would ask God is...how is baby boy McGuire #3 doing in heaven with all of my other loved ones there.
12. Lindsay Lohan...wasn’t nearly as good as those original blonde girls in the Parent Trap…”yea, yea, yea”. 

Oookkaaaayyyyy….. um, yea.  No words after that.  LOL, the guy is a hoot and he makes me laugh and I love and adore him.  Gah, am I lucky or what?! Hee hee!!

Thanks again to Miss Holly and her boy-toy Jake for hosting another fun-filled edition of… “Finish the Sentence!” (if you didn’t hear that yelled from the game show audience you weren’t trying hard enough!).

Love,

Erin (& Andy)

5 comments:

  1. Um your hubby's answers cracked me up! The old men and the colonoscopies! And then crushed me with Baby boy #3! Hope you are having a good spa day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love your hubs answer to #7!! Brownie points for him! And when you start rocking a chair again in a salon I'm coming to get my hair did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the answers...and a "jake break" is on 18-wheelers that make the PSHHHHHHHH sound like air in an air compressor. I only know that because I see "NO JAKE BREAKS" signs a lot...thanks for linking with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww Hubby is quite the lova.. too cute Erin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband is too funny! I liked the nose picking one best. Not going to lie... that cracked me up!

    I am also not a sushi fan. I just don't get it.

    Only 76 more blog posts to read, and I will be caught up!!

    ReplyDelete