Social Icons

KLR

It’s Tuesday and I have nothing to talk about!  So I’m going to show you the Kiki La Rue skirt I’m going to buy today.

Navy Striped Skirt

Navy Striped Skirt

I’m dying to get a maxi skirt and/or dress this summer so this will be my first.  So, what do I put up top?  My plan was a plain v-neck tee (white?) and a statement necklace.  Tell me if I’m going the wrong way with that, would you?

Here is one I am considering for the weddings I have this summer.

California Girl Hi Low Dress - Navy and Mint

California Girl Hi Low Dress - Navy and Mint

The one I saw on IG yesterday is the one I really want but can’t find it on her website yet, so maybe she’s going to post it today. I hope!  I’m super nervous to order these because I’m worried about sizing.  These would be my first KLR purchases, I feel like a bit of a fashion fraud but hope I can pull them off!  Wish me luck and give me advice on the maxi skirt!  Oh, and what color shoes for the second one – nude?  Saw these this weekend and loved them.

Candie's Dress Sandals - Women

Candie's Dress Sandals - Women


So, can you believe it’s April already? I maybe could if it felt like April instead of February!  By the end of the week we are supposed to be in the mid 50’s, about time!  I cannot wait for park play dates again! 

I received a phone call last night from one of Aiden’s classmate’s mom’s.  She was inviting him to her son’s pool party this Saturday!  Aiden is so super excited and I am a tad bit nervous.  He is not a swimmer yet.  Luckily the birthday boy, Sawyer, is not either so I know Aiden will have someone else to play with in the shallow end.  There is a small indoor waterpark about an hour from here that they are going to so there are all kinds of water activities to play on and with so he probably won’t be in the big pool much anyway.  Poor Brennan was crying his little eyes out that Aiden was going to a party and he wasn’t.  Poor kid, he just wants to play with Aiden and the big kids!  Luckily his little pal, Luke, is having a birthday party in 2 weeks that just Brennan and I are going to so hopefully that will help when I tell him that. 

I’m starting Week 4 in C25K today!  I’m so glad I’ve stuck with it this far – almost half way!  But that scares the heck out of me because running the 3 minutes in W3 was super hard for me so I’m terrified of the longer and longer runs that will keep coming.  And my knees are starting to hurt when I run.  I really need to get fitted for running shoes, and pronto!  I hope that will help.  Any suggestions on the knees hurting from you runners out there?  It’s the side of my knee on the inside of my leg that hurts the most.

Well, I’ve rambled enough for one day.  Hopefully tomorrow I’ll have something more exciting to write about!  Help me with some fashion advice please!

Erin

8 comments:

  1. Love both pieces! I bought 3 KLR dresses and I love them... only problem is they don't fit over my fat hips! Oops, I guess hips don't lie after all!

    Gotta love the kids birthday parties. Luckily, Molly has only been invited to only one kid party from school, and it was during Brady's nap time, so it wasn't an issue.

    My niece's birthday party this year is at a tea house and it is GIRLS only, but Brady will be going. Only because that is the same day that Todd is in a wedding, so Ma-Ma Barb is babysitting. Luckily it is my niece and my SIL was really cool about it. I really didn't give her much of a choice though!

    You are a rockstar for doing week four! I was up to week three and then spring break happened. I think I am going to do week three again and then be on track for week four next week. I really enjoy the running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how the sizing goes for your KLR pieces! She has such cute things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of those and those shoes are great. Happy Tuesday SS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that skirt! I feel like KLR is pretty true to size I LOVE her stuff! THe only thing that I found is that some of the pieces mainly dresses can get a little short (and I'm only 5'3") BUT love her stuff go getcha some :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt is awesome! Pair with a plain tee, statement necklace, and some cute sandals.
    The dress is adorable. I'd pair with a pair of nude peep toes.

    When you get your running shoes go to a store that specializes in running shoes. The big department and box stores will just sell you anything. Really get your stride analyzed and your feet fit for proper shoes. That alone may help your knees. There are also bands that are sold that are placed directly under your knee that may help with your problem. Again, a store specializing in running could probably help you with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with that skirt!! And the dress is adorable! I think those shoes would look good with both! However, this is coming from someone that rarely gets out of yoga pants! Talk about a fashion fraud!
    I did buy a few tops from KLR, a long sleeved Piko and short sleeved one. I want sure about them, I thought they may make me look preggers still but I am in LOVE! Every time I have worn them I get asked if I've lost weight, I'd say that's a huge plus!! Lol!!
    Awww, poor Brennan! I'm sure he will have so much fun at his party though!!
    And way to go on the c25k!! You can do it!! I know it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the maxi skirt idea....I just bought two yesterday. I bought a black one (because half my wardrobe is black) and a gray and white striped one. The craziest part of all is I bought them at Family Dollar for 10.00 ea. I know....total shocker....I never even look at the clothes there because usually when I run in it's for something specific like household items but I was looking at Easter stuff and saw the long skirts hanging and couldn't believe my little gem. I was thinking the whole tank top thing and necklace or even a denim shirt with sleeves rolled up look. I say go for it and order ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the denim shirt idea! I might have to try that,thanks! And holy cow, I never thought to look at clothe at the dollar stores!!! What a find!!! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete