Social Icons

What’s On The Menu? Enchiladas

I don’t know about you, but I get so tired of my regular recipes.  I am so bored with them that I can’t even think of anything good to make for supper most days.  In the past I have made weekly menus, which do really help me so I don’t have to try to whip up something amazing when I haven’t thought of it until 4:30 that afternoon.

I had some corn tortillas sitting in my pantry just begging me to use them.  Andy doesn’t like the corn tortillas, he’s more into the not-good-for-you flour tortillas.  But I like the corn ones, they add some flavor to the recipe.  So I made up my own concoction for Monday night’s supper, and it was actually pretty darn good!  I am here today to share this most amazing made-up by Erin recipe.  (In all honesty, it’s pretty basic stuff that isn’t really a recipe and really isn’t all that made-up by Erin.)

Made-Up By Erin Enchiladas

Grill, bake, boil or whatever way you want to 1 chicken breast (cook it), then shred or cube it up.

Heat a package of Old El Paso Spanish Rice (the kind you nuke in the microwave for 60 or 90 seconds).

Mix the 2 together.  Pour about a 1/2 –3/4c. of enchilada sauce in the mixture and mix that together.  Oh, and dump a package of taco seasoning in, too.  I buy it in bulk in a container at the Amish store because I don’t like taco seasoning that much, so this way I can control how much I add.  I usually add a tablespoon or two, in case you care.

IMG_1322

Then assemble your enchiladas: 1/2 c. of mix in middle of tortilla, a sprinkling of shredded cheese on top, roll up and place seam side down in your baking dish.

Pour another 1/2-3/4c. of enchilada sauce over top of rolled tortillas.  I’m not a huge fan of the sauce so I went with just a little.  Sprinkle some more shredded cheese over the top, pop the dish in your oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or so. 

IMG_1323

You can top these babies with some shredded lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, salsa, etc., etc. Heck, you could even pop some of those things into the mix before stuffing the tortillas if you want. But I live with picky men who don’t like any of the above (except salsa) so I just add my goodies to the top.  Voilà!

IMG_1324

I hope you give these a try, they are so darn easy.  You can pop your boneless, skinless chicken breast into a crock pot with a little water and seasonings before you leave for work in the morning and it will be cooked and ready to go when you get home, the assembly is the easy/quick part.  What seasonings? Onion flakes, cumin, garlic powder (or the real thing), black pepper.  Any q’s? Did I leave anything out?  It’s not a real recipe so I hope it wasn’t too hard to follow w/ all of my gibberish added in. (Funny, I always thought gibberish was spelled w/ a ‘j’. Thank goodness for spell check! Now I know!)


I wanted to show you this pretty tree in my back yard.  The yellow is so bright that when I walk by my kitchen window it lights up my kitchen!  It’s just amazing and so pretty. 

IMG_1321

Happy Hump Day,

Erin

2 comments:

  1. Those enchiladas look great. I am tired of the same ole thing too - so tonight we are having BREAKFAST for dinner:) That tree is gorgeous. Happy Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy in my tummy!! I love some enchiladas. I make mine veggie and Chris's with chicken. Nom nom nom. :)

    ReplyDelete