Social Icons

Show And Tell Monday–From Mrs. To Mama Link Up

Today I am linking up with Becky over at From Mrs. To Mama.  Go check out her blog if you haven’t already, she’s super cute and a fun read! 

1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends.

- I drove a Pontiac Grand Am, purple in color.  I called it the Purple Pontiac (real creative).  I worked only in the summers for a seed stock company, my job was to rogue corn.  Rogueing is when you cut out the ‘bad’ corn from the ‘good’ corn so when they combine the corn in the fall they are only getting the most consistently perfect corn seed.  Kind of like weeding the corn, but taking out corn instead of weeds.  Does that make sense?  I didn’t think so.  Anyway, working in the fields was awesome – you got an amazing tan because the girls wore bikini tops all summer, you got paid an awesome amount of money and you were basically goofing off all day with your friends.  And you made enough working 2 months in the summer so you didn’t have to have a job after school.  It was a lot of walking but that just helped keep us in shape so the guys on the crew had something to look at. Ha!  As far as what I was up to on the weekends – necking with Andy, of course!  Winking smileWe started dating when we were 16, by 17 we spent every waking minute together that we could.  And yes, we necked quite a bit. Sorry for sharing. Ha ha!


2. Show us a picture of you when you were 17 {roughly}.

- Sorry folks, I wanted to share a picture of me but my scanner is giving me fits so couldn’t get one in for you.  You’ll just have to use your imagination.


3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up."

- I wanted to be a cosmetologist when I was 17, which is what I went to school for after high school, and I would still be doing now if I wasn’t a stay at home mom.

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it.

- I didn’t really have a ‘type’, Andy was my first real go-on-dates-talk-on-the-phone boyfriend, and it stuck.  So I remember our relationship very well.  See the last part of question 1 for more details. 

5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?

When I was 17 I figured I’d be married and have kids by the age of 27, and it turned out to be true!  Looking back I feel bad for myself that I didn’t have loftier goals and dreams.  All I wanted was to go to college, move back to my hometown and get married, and that’s pretty much what happened.  Boring!  Now I tell my nieces and nephew to reach for the stars, dream big and not to let anyone tell them they are dreaming too big.  You only get that one chance in life, take it!  You want to be a doctor, do it!!! Who cares if it’s a lot of schooling, you have the rest of your life to not be in school, do what will make you happy!

Happy Monday, all!

Erin

1 comment:

  1. The purple pontiac, eh?! :)

    And I loved your job about corn because growing up, I used to detassel corn in the summertime for local farms. :)

    ReplyDelete