Social Icons

It’s Getting Spoooooky Here

We finally carved our pumpkin last night.  What took us so long? 

I bought a new carving set because last year our little serrated cutter broke while carving our masterpiece.  This set came with a bunch of patterns/templates for carving fancy designs on your pumpkin so we thought, why not?  The boys picked out a witch flying on her broom.  We taped it to the pumpkin, took a deep breath and started cutting.  I can’t believe it but that darn thing turned out!  It actually looks like a witch flying on her broom!!!  Here’s some fun pics.

IMG_1330IMG_1331IMG_1332IMG_1334IMG_1335

Once again this year Brennan wouldn’t touch the ‘goo’ and Aiden had to do most of the work.  Why does this sound so familiar to me? Oh yea, that’s right, that’s what happened with me and my sister back in the day.  She did all the hard work and I enjoyed watching her do it! Ha ha!  And why is it I forgot how bad pumpkin guts stink every year?  Eck!  Have you carved pumpkins at your house yet?


I wanted to share a project I worked on yesterday.  We have lived in our house for over a year but I haven’t hung hardly anything on the walls yet.  I wanted different things than we had in our old house but I haven’t been very proactive about getting anything bought.  I found some ‘Pinsperation’ on Pinterest and then made it my own.  The top picture is the Pinterest find, the bottom photo is how I interpreted it.  (The blog that this top photo is from is no longer in service.)

259590365992040575_EUVUtxh4_b

2012-10-18_12-18-21_253

I LOVE it!!!!  I am so darn happy with how it turned out.  It looks so great on the wall above our ugly couch.  I can’t tell you how happy I am with it!


So, what are you gals doing this weekend?  We are heading to the Iowa game tomorrow (GO HAWKS!!!!) and will be tailgating ALL. DAY. LONG!!!!  Woot woot, can’t wait to hang with some awesome friends and have a good time.  And to eat!!!  My second favorite part of tailgating!  We are taking bacon wrapped turkey bites and deer bologna.  There’s going to be a bunch of dips, crackers, other meat on the grill and some different types of bars for the sweet tooth.  Yum yum YUM!!!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

GO HAWKS!!!!

Erin

4 comments:

  1. Cute cute cute! Where did you get the piece that the pictures are hanging from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it... You did great. Weekend is filled with a Work Picnic and some much needed RELAXATION. I hope. Happy Friday darling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pumpkin looks awesome! We still haven't carved ours! That picture idea turned out amazing! I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traditional family fun! And the entire time I was reading, I kept thinking, "I really need to watermark my photos." Good idea!

    ReplyDelete