Social Icons

Weekend Rewind

Hello Monday!  Another weekend come and gone too quickly and back to the grind of another week.

Our weekend started clear back on Thursday (so I can't complain too much that it's Monday again already).  Last Fall our dear friends asked us if Andy and I wanted to attend an Eric Church concert with them in Des Moines.  I really like Eric Church and Andy loves a good concert so we jumped at the chance.  Fast forward to Thursday and we had my mom come stay with the kids while we went to the concert and stayed overnight in a hotel.

The concert was AWESOME!  It started about 8:20 p.m. and lasted until after 11.  It was only Eric Church playing.  He sang for about 1hr 20 minutes, took a 20 minute break, then came back out and sang for over another hour!  It was so fun, clear up in the nosebleed section! Ha ha!  Thank goodness for his jumbotron or we wouldn't have been able to see too much from our seats.



I have been a fan of EC but now I am a HUGE fan of his!  We don't have his CD's (yes, I still buy CD's!) but I am definitely getting some now!


After the concert we walked the few blocks back to our hotel and immediately ordered pizza to be delivered - we were hungry!  The pizza came around 12:30 a.m. and I was beat.  I had one piece then went straight to bed.  I slept pretty darn good for being in a hotel but still woke up at 6:30 ready to go.  Ugh, why can't I sleep in ever?

We got ready, packed our bags then headed down to the breakfast in the hotel.  Made to order omelettes for free - yes please!  They were delicious, exactly what I needed to start off my day.  We got in our car and left the hotel just before 9:00 and headed out.  It was super foggy! Because we weren't in any hurry and it was on the way out we drove through the State Fair grounds for fun.  It was a different perspective from what we are used to in the middle of August!

We made it home just after noon, hugged and snuggled our babies then got them to bed for naps so we could do the same.  We were exhausted!  I'm not much of a napper but I did finally fall asleep for about 30 minutes.  It's always fun to go do something new and different but goodness is it even nicer to be home!

Friday night I went to my monthly book club gathering. This month we read We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. Holy moly is that a GOOD BOOK!!!  I've recommended it to everyone I know and I'm telling you all, READ IT!!!  There's a twist at the end that totally  had me loving this book.  The style of the author took me a little bit to get used to but once I did it was smooth sailing.  I read this book in a day because I couldn't put it down.
Image result for we were liars by e. lockhart

I love getting together for these monthly meetings - we chat about the book for about 10 minutes then the rest of the night is snacking on food and catching up on everyone's lives.  I was so tired from the concert I didn't think I'd last more than an hour but it was almost 9 before I left.  So fun!  This month we are reading The Farm by Tom Rob Smith AND The Silent Sister by Diane Chamberlin -- after I left they chose the books and couldn't decide on just one thus two books this month.  I'm currently reading Cancel the Wedding by Carolyn T. Dingman so better get moving on that if I'm going to get the other two read before February 17th!

Saturday morning Aiden woke up not feeling good so we laid low all day. Andy worked in the basement, I watched a little tennis (love me some Rafael Nadal!), Brennan and Tate played and built forts and train tracks and painted with water, and Tenley ran around the house doing a little of this and a little of that.



Saturday evening Andy took Brennan to watch our nieces play their flutes in the SEIBA band concert.  SEIBA is the Southeast Iowa Band Association.  They both had to try out for this honor band and it's a pretty big deal for them to have made it.  Because Aiden was sick he didn't go as planned but that worked out great for Andy and Brennan to have some much needed one on one time together.  The concert was LOOOONG but Brennan was a trooper and sat through the whole 3 hours, mostly because he was there with his dad all by himself.  Then the two of them walked over to the original Pancheros (like a Chipotle but MUCH better!) and had supper together before coming home.  Andy said Bren told him more than once that he was having 'the best time!'  :)

Sunday was another 'lay low' kind of day. Aiden was on the mend but still battling a fever and congestion so he stayed in the basement all day.  The rest of us did our own things - Bren played his tablet and built train tracks with Tate, Tate played trains and watched a couple of his favorite shows, Tenley took two naps and played with her toys, I finished a book and Andy read some, too.  We watched football, basketball and tennis.  I did laundry.  There was some cleaning that needed to be done.  It was kind of a catch-all day.

We have a nice, quiet week ahead of us - no meetings, no plans.  YES!!!  That is much needed!  I hope you all have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. Eric's "Mr. Misunderstood album is AMAZING... definitely one of my favorites!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We saw Eric Church open for Kenny a few years back, and Scott and I both agreed we want to see Eric as the headliner. He was SO good. And I think he's freaking hot. (Shhh, don't tell Scott.)(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't Eric Church suck yoh in!?!?! I wasn't a fan until I saw him the 1st time. Now I obsessed. He puts on such a good concert. He is so excited to be there!

    ReplyDelete