Social Icons

Plans & Goals for 2017

I don't make resolutions because I never keep them. But I thought it'd be good for me to get down on 'paper' a few things I'd like to tackle this year.

Read 20 books
Last year I set a goal of 15 books on my Goodreads app. (Follow me, Erin McGuire!)  I was in a major reading slump all year until about September. Then I threw it into overdrive and read 17 books!  Some of my favorites were the Marriage to a Billionaire series by Jennifer Probst, We Were Liars by E. Lockhart (omg, so good!!), It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover, Me Before You by JoJo Moyes and Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale (definitely a top 3 book of the year!).

Image result for the selected letters of laura ingalls wilder

I set my reading goal at 20 books this year and I'm starting with The Selected Letters of Laura Ingalls Wilder.  I have been the biggest fan of Laura since I could read.  I read all of her books and somehow never realized others had written books about her.  I saw this gem when I was in line at Barnes and Noble one day and casually mentioned to Andy that I'd love to have this book. Guess what I opened Christmas morning! :) :) :)  This is a collection of letters Laura wrote to Manly (her husband) and Rose (her daughter).  And I found out that there is a collection of her things at the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum that is right here in Eastern Iowa!!!  Guess who's taking a day trip there this summer with the kids!!!

Learn how to use my camera
I have a Canon Rebel EOS t3 camera and I've only ever taken pics on the automatic mode.  Lame!  I really want to take an online class to learn how to really use this camera and then maybe get some photo editing software so I can really take my pictures to the next level.
Image result for canon rebel eos t3
Get healthy
Ugh, I hate this one.  I don't want to type it but it's necessary.  I've been yo-yo exercising for years.  I'll get all gung-ho and really work hard but because I never get my eating in line I never lose weight so I get frustrated and give up. I'm tired of feeling sluggish and just eck all the time.  I want my kids to be healthy adults and seeing me and Andy being couch potatoes isn't going to teach them the right way to live.  We both NEED to get healthy this year and stay active.  
Image result for exercising

Connect with God
This year I want to connect with God more.  I want to do a Bible study, I want to read the Bible, I want to be more focused on my faith.  If anyone has any suggestions on good Bible studies please let me know. 

Be a better ME
I want to be a better me.  A better wife, a better mom, a better friend and daughter.  I want to keep the house cleaner and more picked up.  I want to keep the laundry under control.  I want to send more letters and cards in the mail.  I want to read more books to the kids.  I want to stop and see my Grandma 'just because' more often.  I want to stop spending money on things I don't need, stop making impulse purchases.  I want to cook healthier and not order pizza as often.  I want to put away laundry right away instead of keeping it in the baskets for days after it's been folded.  I want to be more active, watch less TV.  When I think of something I want to jump up and take care of it instead of putting it off.  I want to be BETTER.

Here's to a great 2017!!!

1 comment:

  1. I want to learn how to use my camera too. I thought about classes but they are expensive. I think I will just stick to research and learning on my own. I mean, I am not planning on being a professional or anything.

    ReplyDelete