Social Icons

Baby Girl - Week 27

How far along: 27w4d

Sleep: Awesome!  I wake up about once a night to use the bathroom, and some nights I can convince myself to hold it til morning.  I usually wake up between 6:30 and 7, but over the weekend Tate was nice and let us sleep until almost 7:30!  Felt so good!  I'm not having any trouble getting comfortable in bed, I hope that continues for the next 3 months!

Best moment of this week: Brennan got to feel the baby kick!  He was so surprised and excited, it was fun!  I was laying on the couch and she was kicking.  I asked Bren if he wanted to feel her so he came over, placed his sweet little hand on my belly and she kicked right away!  He had the biggest smile on his face!  Now we need to get Aiden to catch her gymnastics.

Miss anything: I miss being able to flop down in bed.  Surprisingly I can still roll over fairly easily.  I have had a moment where I felt like a bug on it's back - I couldn't get up off the couch last weekend because it had sort of sucked me.  Luckily Andy was here to help.

Movement: This little princess is a mover and a shaker!  Especially at night!  She sleeps all day and parties all night.  That's exactly what the boys did, too.  Luckily that didn't translate to real life - none of them had their days and nights mixed up.  I love the first 20 minutes of laying in bed at night, she goes crazy!  One day she was practicing her toe touches, another day her Royal Horse kicks.  Sometimes she practices her pirouettes.  She's such a sweet little girl. <3

Food cravings: I just want junk all the time.  I wish I would crave fruit and veggies and water but I don't.  I try to keep the binging to a minimum.  
  
Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL!!!    

Happy or moody most of the time: It's been an emotional week for me - lots of crying and sadness. Between worrying about the baby all the time and getting prepared for the boys to head back to school I've been all over the place emotionally.  

Looking forward to: My  next appointment, on Tuesday.  Except I'll be doing another 1 hour glucose test that day, ick. :)

Symptoms/Side effects:  Washing up a bunch of dishes is a thing of the past...at least until Baby's here in my arms.  It hurts so bad for me to stand at that sink anymore.  Aside from having to turn a funny angle to be able to belly up to the counter, literally, and that making my back hurt, if I do turn to face the counter head on it hits me right in the belly button, which is almost worse than nails on a chalkboard to me during pregnancy.  (I don't love having my belly button touched normally but during pregnancy it is pure torture for me!)  This is the 4th time I've gotten to this point in pregnancy, so it's not a surprise, just a pain.  Good news, Andy now has to wash dishes for me!  Ha ha!

Last weekend I felt a ton of pressure down low and Baby Girl wasn't moving.  I tried to get her moving but she wouldn't budge.  Of course I panicked, then about 10 minutes later she started moving again.  Just little kicks, not consistent, but at least I knew she was still moving in there.  It was so scary.  And it wasn't my first panic attack about her.  I am so scared I'm going to lose this little nugget that every little thing scares me.  I am so in love with her already, the thought of losing her scares me as bad as the thought of losing one of my boys.  I'm afraid I'm jinxing things by buying so many girly clothes and decorations for her room.  I pray many times a day for her health and well being.  Sweet little girl, I just can't wait to meet her.

In the last week or so I've hit the stage of my pregnancies where I don't want to eat a meal anymore.  I sit and look at my supper and gulp because it doesn't sound good to eat once it's in front of me.  I could snack on junk all day if I let myself, but to eat a full meal I've prepared? Doesn't appeal to me at all.  I have no problem eating a meal at a restaurant, though.  It's a strange side effect of my pregnancies.

For a couple of months I have had a little bit of pregnancy carpal tunnel.  Mostly my arms and hands go numb.  Lately I've been noticing I'm waking up to my arms being asleep, usually the one I was laying on or had under my pillow.  It takes a few minutes for that tingling to go away.

Name: Nope.  :(  I've stopped thinking about it, hoping something will just come to me.

This is the last week of my 2nd trimester already.  I have no idea how that happened.  It started with the beginning of summer and is ending with the ending of summer.  Which means summer flew by, even though it felt kind of long to me this year.  Fall always buzzes by so quickly so I guess that means our little Princess will be here sooner than we realize.  I am anxious to meet to her so not going to complain if it goes fast.
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Aw. How sweet that Brennan got to feel the little lady move! I loved when Marcus was able to feel Julia kick.
    Sending prayers that the little lady keeps on kicking so you don't have to do anymore worrying.
    And holy cow - third trimester is basically here!! You'll be meeting that sweet little lady before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet that Brennan got to feel her kick. That is just so neat. How cool will it be when Tate feels her!?!?!?! I can't believe it's almost time for your little girl's arrival!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved when Oliver felt baby for the first time and the look on his face, just priceless. Tim has been doing the dishes in our house for about 3 months now. If I stand for long periods my feet swell... I tell him to get me a dishwasher and I could get that unloaded and loaded in about 20 minutes. He still refuses. I hear you on the belly button thing.. I HATE IT! I always thought it was a pregnancy thing that your arms go numb when sleeping? It's not? It has happened to me all three pregnancies, towards the end. I also don't want to eat actual meals just fruits and veggies or ice cream. Also... YAY TO THE LAST WEEK OF T2... Hopefully your T3 will go faster then mine. Seriously, I need to stay busy or I feel like time is passing at a snail pace.

    ReplyDelete