Social Icons

Friday Favorites




My list is short this week but these 2 Friday Favorites are keepers!

ONE
Ha ha ha!!! This cracked me up, had to share!


TWO
This 'recipe' for a shower cleaner has been floating around Facebook for awhile now but I finally thought I'd give it a try.  I am so glad I did!  It kicked soap scum butt!  We all used to use poufs with shower gel but a few months ago Andy and the boys switched back to bar soap.  The soap scum started building up.  My regular store bought cleaner wasn't cutting through it. Then I started using an all-natural product by Ava Anderson.  It worked awesome!  I loved it!  But it's so dang expensive, to have 2 bottles shipped to me was $25!  I couldn't justify that (even though their products are GREAT and AMAZING and super safe for you and your kids).

Just as my bottle was about to run out I saw this recipe and decided to give it a try.  I'm so glad I did!  It's equal parts vinegar and blue Dawn dish soap, so common items I had in the house and nothing (too) dangerous to be breathing in as a pregnant gal or for little boys who like to follow Mommy around like a shadow.  Don't get me wrong, it was a tad strong smelling from the vinegar, but I just ran the exhaust fan the whole time and it wasn't a big deal.  So, you warm up the vinegar than combine the two in a good spray bottle.  Mix it up, it'll be thick, then spray it on your shower.  Let it sit for 60-90 minutes then just rinse it off.  Seriously, just rinse it off!  Now, I'm a tad weird so I did still run my sponge over the shower just to be sure I was getting off the scum.  This made the Dawn suds up more than if I'd just rinsed it but that wasn't a big deal, it still rinsed off easily and went down the drain.  Now my shower is super shiny and clean!  And with minimal scrubbing, not like I had to do with the store bought cleaner.  I hope you give it a try, it worked awesome!

Hope you have an awesome weekend, see you back here Monday for Weekend Rewind!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. That pic - BAHAHAHAHA!!! I seriously wish men had even half an idea of all the stuff we go through!

    I am SO glad you posted the shower cleaner "recipe"! I saw it posted on FB a while back, but never got around to actually writing it down. I knew it was easy, and used common "ingredients." I'm making this today! Our showers and tubs could use a really good clean. And, I'm so glad it works so well! I'm not one for scrubbing when I'm not pregnant, so this is PERFECT!

    Hope you had the best weekend!!

    ReplyDelete