Social Icons

Wow Wow Weekend!

Wow, another great weekend!!  Why do they ever have to end?  A few highlights…

*  Saturday evening my cousin was married and it was a beautiful event.  Everything from the decorations to the food to the setting (in a shelter by the lake at a state park here in Iowa).  They made individual desserts in half-pint canning jars (brownie, strawberry shortcake, apple crisp, and the one I had – Peanut Butter Mousse, O!M!G!). I was a dummy and left my phone in the car so didn’t get a single picture!  Ugh!  I wish I could have shared some of it with you!  Such a neat wedding!

*  Sunday we went and visited the cemeteries where Andy’s ancestors are buried.  Here are a few pictures I snapped.

IMG_0016

Andy’s dad.

IMG_0017

Andy, his dad and his brother.

IMG_0021

IMG_0022This one is not ours, I just thought it was a neat, old stone.IMG_0024

This is the view from one of the old cemeteries.  I wouldn’t mind spending eternity here!

IMG_0025

We also went and saw the very first piece of land a McGuire owned in Iowa.  It was a beautiful area, a lot of timber and open pasture – perfect place to build a house!  It was purchased back in the late 1800’s!  Andy has come across a news article from way back in the day and it tells the story about the first McGuire who came to Iowa and how he encountered Indians here in the newly ratified state.  It’s really neat to know that little piece of his family’s history!

*  Aiden had his first Pee Wee ball game last night.  Because it’s Pee Wee they don’t keep score, everyone hits and runs all the bases.  Aiden did awesome, he caught the ball and threw it to the base to get players out twice!  I need to learn ball lingo so I can tell you what happened easier.  When he was up at bat he cranked one way out into the outfield, it was pretty fun to watch!

IMG_0028IMG_0030

And one of these two good lookin’ guys!

IMG_0031

*  One more highlight from my weekend – I got my new camera!!! It’s a Canon Rebel EOS T3. I’ve been taking all kinds of pictures with it, getting used to it and learning a few features.  I’m hoping by summer’s end I’ll know all the bells and whistles and really get to take some neat pictures!  Here’s my favorite one I’ve snapped so far.

IMG_0004

One more picture, the card I made for the wedding. 

IMG_0013

I used black card stock, then sprayed it with a Pearl Shimmer mist, which gave it that silver appearance. Then I cut a piece of the decorative stuff to go over it (it is clear plastic with the design in velvet on top so you can see through it).  Last I added a black, sheer ribbon bow.  Easy!!  I was very happy with how it turned out!

Two of my favorite bloggers, Jodi and Sami, are co-hosting a workout linkup for the month of June.  Every Monday they are posting a new workout to do for a week, then the following Monday you linkup and tell how it went (with pictures, of course!).  They are also throwing in a Wednesday linkup with healthy snack ideas.  Love this idea!  And their button is a hoot!  Makes a person want to join in on the fun even more! LOL!  I hope you go check them out and link up!

badge_link-up_06.03.2013

I wish you all a wonderful week!

Erin

7 comments:

  1. Cemetery walking seems so morbid, but it is very interesting. I love old cemeteries the best. When I visited Boston we walked around one where a lot of historical figures are buried. Very interesting! I'm glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cemetery experience looks like it was awesome! I love history, and the fact that you can trace down the first piece of land owned by a McGuire, along with other details, is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jealous of your camera!! I need a new camera so badly, but it's just not in the cards right now. Which leads me to my next topic... What a cute card! You are so crafty. I am the worst when it comes to cards. The 99 cent cards at Walgreens are usually what my friends and family get!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, you and those cards are way too talented! I wish I could do that!! I love them! And thanks so much for the shout out! You're a doll!!
    So excited you got a new camera!! Yay!! That picture is awesome, can't wait to see more!! And I love the cemetery photos! And cool story of the first piece of land!! I love history!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yayy for the new camera!!! :)
    I can't wait 'till my girls Starr sports :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! A camera!!

    Looks like a fun weekend! I love the card for the wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad blogger for forgetting your camer-a/phone at the wedding! That is so awesome you got that new camera!! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete