Social Icons

Weekly Menu Planning

What kind of a grocery shopper are you?  Do you go daily to pick up ingredients for supper that night?  Do you go once a month and do a major stock up?  Do you go weekly and get enough for one week at a time?  I'm the latter, I go weekly and get what I need for meals that week.  It's easier for me to write down a menu before I go shopping and get the ingredients I need.  Some weeks I do a good job, other weeks I drop the ball and go shopping blindly.  I usually spend a lot more money when I go in without a plan.  So here's my menu for this week, in case you were wondering.

Monday: Ravioli, garlic bread, corn
Tuesday: Roast, potatoes, carrots
Wednesday: Chicken grillers, chips, cottage cheese, raw veggies (carrots, cauliflower, broccoli) -Aiden has his first football game this night, needed s/t easy
Thursday: Tacos
Friday: Grilled pork chops, grilled veggies
Sat/Sun: I wing it.  Usually eat up leftovers for lunches and grill or eat out for supper.

So there you have it.  I pull out fruit with most meals but don't include that in my menus because I just buy a bunch of fruit and we eat it as we go.  This week I picked up strawberries, bananas, oranges (that was Bren's idea, I don't buy oranges in the summer because they aren't as good as in the winter), apples and some canned pineapple. 

What do you think, could you plan and stick to a weekly menu plan?  I have no problem doing it because if I don't have this at 4:00 I'm scrambling for an idea and usually end up making breakfast for supper.  One of my favorites but Andy doesn't love it as much as I do.  Sometimes I don't feel like having what's planned for supper that night or something comes up and we need something quick to eat so I switch that night's menu with another night's menu - no biggie.  I make it work for me.  How about you?

Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!