Social Icons

It's Time

Dear Grandma,

Well, the time has come to say goodbye...to pop.  Tomorrow I am starting my 'No Pop Diet'.  I am giving pop up for multiple reasons.
  1. It has a ton of sugar and calories!  And if I'm going to lose weight drinking pop will only slow me down.
  2. I think it is contributing to all of my stomach problems.
  3. I've heard that people who give it up just feel better.
So, I am giving it up.  Andy has not had a pop for over a month.  Since he has given it up he has not had hardly any heartburn, he's barely snoring at night, he's lost a little weight, and he just feels better.  I'm looking forward to any benefits it gives me, but I am wondering what in the heck am I going to drink?  I only have 2 cans a day or 1 bottle, depending on whether I'm home or out and about so I'm not really drinking a ton of it but to think of having only water and milk all day every day?  Eck, how boring.  I don't like tea like Andy does so that's out.  If I drink juice or lemonade I'm not really cutting out the calories and sugar.  So I'm going to try to drink water and milk only and see where it takes me.  I have a goal of losing 20lbs, 10 before we go to Vegas, so I'm hoping this will be a little jump start for me.  And if the only benefit I get is feeling better and having less stomach problems it's totally worth it.  I'm ready, although I am sure I will whine quite a bit the first week. 

Have a good night!
Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!