Social Icons

Wet Pants

Around 3:30 this morning I woke up to the sound of rain slashing against the siding, lightning flashes behind my curtains and thunder booming above our house. I sighed with contentment, rolled over and fell soundly asleep.

Fast forward to 6:45 this morning. My phone rings, I roll over to answer it and it's my husband, just leaving for work. "Hmm, why are you calling me?" "Did you know it rained last night? (yes) Did you know you left your car out last night? (yes) Did you know you left your windows down and you have half and inch of rain in it? " Oh shit. That part I didn't know. Ugh. I never leave my car out, ever. So I woke up to the thought of knowing I had a car to clean out and try to dry out. And do you know how awful a car smells after it's carpet has gotten wet?? It's not pretty.

I took Aiden to school in the truck, came home and got the shop vac out to suck up as much water as I could.  Then I hooked up a small fan to sit in there and blow around.  Now my car is sitting outside in the sunshine, with a nice breeze blowing, drying out.  How long will this take?  And how bad is this going to smell??  I think I might need to get the car detailed and carpet’s shampooed.

On another note, did anyone watch the First Lady speak last night?  I don’t care what your political views are, you can’t say anything bad about this amazing woman!  She was wonderful last night.  I think I have a girl crush on Michelle Obama!

Do you watch the conventions?

Happy Hump Day!

Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!