Social Icons

Autumn Has 'Fall'en

I finally gave in and got my Fall decorations out today. It is chilly and rainy here today, it feels like Fall. This is our second year in this house, the second time I've decorated it for the holidays. In our old house I never put things in the same place twice, and I'm doing that again here. I like adding to what I have, making it look new, fresh and different every year. Because of that I'm always in a quandary (does anyone use that word anymore?). I don't have that gene, that decorating gene. I wish like crazy I did but I don't. So here's what I did on the mantle.

mantle

Is it wrong to add the purple lights w/ the rustic, country-ish decorations? I was hoping it would spice it up at night. I won't have the lights on during the day. What do you think? And don't look at the ugly wood floor on the wall above it or the ugly marble tile below. That's all going...eventually. One thing at a time around here folks!

On a different note, I had my haircut this morning by a different stylist. I LOVE IT!!! She did amazing! I am so happy she is so close and I found her! And the bonus is she asked if I'd be willing to help her out when she has a wedding party or prom hair to do! A foot back in the salon door for me! Weird to know it'll just be to curl and prep hair, not actually be the one to do it, but whatever it takes. I'm not ready to get back in the salon full or even part time, still have my little Pea Pod to take care of and possibly, some day, another on the way. So in the meantime I'll take what I can get.

Happy Autumn to all! And if you have any advice on the mantle situation please help me out!

Erin

4 comments:

  1. "Quandary" - love it!!! I am so happy fall is almost here. I can't wait to get all my decorations out. CUTE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Melanie! I hope you stop by again soon!

      Delete
  2. I might have to bust out the fall decor, too. And I didn't know you used to be a stylist. I grew up in a salon-- my mom and grandmother each owned one. I was always in charge of washing hair, sweeping hair, and tkaing out perm rods! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically I still am a stylist - I've not let my license lapse because I know I will get back in the salon once all the kiddos are in school. I miss it so much. How fun for you as a kid! My grandma went to 'beauty school' before she had kids so she used to give us perms when we were little. I remember hanging my head over her kitchen sink while she rinsed, and rinsed, and rinsed out the solution. ;)

      Delete