Social Icons

Versatile Blogger Award!

Oh! My! Gosh!  Annie from Crazy Simple Mama nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award!  I am so honored she thought of me when she was nominated!  Her blog is so fun to read, and she’s on a weight-loss journey like me, so she motivates me by posting her before and after pics, plus some little things she does to help her daily (planning out meals and snacks the day before). So thank you, thank you, THANK YOU Annie for nominating me!  Here’s the deal if you are nominated:

vba

1. Nominate up to 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging
2. Let the nominated bloggers know they have been nominated
3. Share 7 random facts about yourself
4. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to them in your post
5. Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post

The blogs I am nominating are:

Skinny Gal... Somewhere

Shesabigstar

4Kottez

Where We Can Live Like Jack and Sally

I love every one of these blogs.  These gals are awesome!  I think they’d be instant friends of mine if we could meet in real life.  Go check them out and give them some love!

Ok, for my 7 random facts.

  1. I think of the characters on my soaps as my friends, because I know everything about them, see them every day, and talk about them like they are real. I watch The Young and The Restless and The Bold and The Beautiful.  I used to watch As The World Turns and Guiding Light and felt like someone close to had died when they were cancelled.  Those were sad, sad days for me.
  2. I got homesick on my honeymoon and begged my new husband to take me home.
  3. I hate bugs, spiders, rodents, snakes…I’m sure there’s something else creepy and crawly that I don’t like but can’t think of it right now.  Ew!
  4. I grew up on a farm with sheep, pigs, a dog, cats and crops.  My sister and I would build Barbie towns in the timber where the sheep ran and we used their beaten down paths as roads.
  5. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because it’s the only holiday that is just about being with family WITHOUT exchanging gifts, candy, or baskets.  Plus the food is amazing.
  6. Green is my most favorite color, but the girly-girl in me loves pink too.
  7. I cry a lot.  Not just for being sad, but for being happy, too.  If you put emotions on a scale, 1 being super sad, 10 being super happy, the only time I am not crying is when I’m in the 4 to 7 range.  Commercials make me cry. Seeing my kids do something that makes them super happy makes me cry. Worrying about people in the path of a hurricane makes me cry.  I could go on and on…but I won’t!

Thanks again to Annie at Crazy Simple Mama for nominating me!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a C25K note, I completed W1D2 today.  Man did my calves HURT!  Not burn, hurt.  Ache, hurt.  Badly.  It was worse when I’d stop running, but by the time I’d start running again it would calm down a bit.  Then I’d stop running for it to hurt all over again.  I have a feeling my lack of water consumption is partly to blame.  So my mini-goal is to drink water today.  And every day.  Honestly, drinking water will help me with a lot more than just the sore muscles.  So, mini goal today: Drink my hospital mug (32oz) full of water.  I know, I need to drink 3 of those in a day, but if I make that my goal I will fail, so slow goes it.

If you are C25k-er, will you tell me what week/day you’re on and any issues you had to overcome?  And if you listen to Pandora, can you tell me your favorite station to workout to?  Or your favorite song to work out to.  Thanks!

Taking it one day at a time,

Erin

4 comments:

  1. I am on W6D2 of C25K and I had to overcome shin splints in the beginning... OMG, they hurt SO bad! I ended up taking a few days off from running (because I got lazy) and they cleared right up and haven't been back since. The biggest issue for me is the breathing... I (shockingly!) can run the long distances now and my legs don't bother me one bit, but the breathing... OMG the breathing... let's just say I need some improvement there! Congrats on starting... I absolutely love it! And yes, drink plenty of water to help with the leg pains... hopefully they subside quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww shuckerooski - you are too cute. I can't wait to do this and THANK YOU for nominating little ole me. HAHAHA. Okay on the water consumption - I totally agree. My calves actually do this popping thing if I don't drink enough water and it SUCKS. I need to up my water too - BAD! Hope they feel better ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Erin!! You just made my whole week. And I know, for sure, that if we lived close that we would be BBF's.

    Like you, I am a cryer as well. Biggest Loser? Singing competion? Dramatic commercial? Forget it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I have my hospital mug from when I had B on my work desk, I have the same goal!! I think it's amazing that you find people on blogs and you KNOW that if you were in the same city that you would be besties with them. lol I feel the same way. Thanks for the nomination! I will do this link up tomorrow. P.S. I think I am going to go with your advice and go with comfortable. I am indecisive though and that might change by Saturday.

    ReplyDelete