Social Icons

This, That And The Other

As I write this there are 2 repair guys in my kitchen looking at my dishwasher.  We have lived in this house for just over a year, and that thing has never really worked that great.  But over the course of the year it has progressively gotten worse.  It leaves my dishes cloudy, like really cloudy, it doesn’t get all the food off or deposits food from plates onto glasses, and during a certain cycle it hums SUPER loud.  For the last 6 weeks or so I have been hand washing all of our dishes.  Luckily I don’t mind hand washing the dishes.  So I finally called the repair man and he is here.  My guess is he will tell me I need a new one.  Great. (I’m secretly excited about this, who doesn’t love picking out new appliances??!!?)

Last night we went to the bank to sign closing docs on our refinanced mortgage.  Our appraisal came back higher than it was a year ago when we bought it (yay!!) so we got an super great rate (3.625%) for 30 years.  I’m happy to get that done, and it saves us $100 a month on our mortgage payment.

This morning was my W1D3 run for C25K.  I came up with a million reasons not to do it this weekend when I had planned to so now I’m behind.  I’m hoping to catch back up this week somehow.  This morning was in the 40’s when I headed out but I warmed up quickly.  I felt so much stronger while running today.  It felt amazing!  I didn’t get nearly as winded as last week, no side cramps, but my shins felt really sore.  There was one point where I wanted to cut it short but a voice inside me told me I could do it and to keep going, so I did!  During my most difficult point I composed a letter to Mama Laughlin in my head thanking her for the motivation she has given me.  By the time I was done ‘writing’ my letter C25k dinged her bell at me to start walking again, so ML helped me again without even trying!

Because of C25K and Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred I am already noticing changes in my body.  I feel sturdier, which is weird to say but that’s the only way to describe it.  I can already tell a difference in my chest (THANK YOU JM!!!), they are firmer, smaller and perkier (my husband thanks you, too, JM!!!).  *Side note: I am a busty girl.  I come from a long line of busty girls.  So to notice a better rack is huge for me! And, I should probably say, my husband doesn’t like the smaller part.*  So the pain and sweat is paying off.  I purchased JM’s Ripped in 30 today, looking forward to starting that.  I haven’t decided if I’m going to finish 30DS or just jump into RI30 for the Fit Camp challenge.  TDB.

(Repair man just left, sounds like a plumbing issue so will call the plumber next.  I guess no new dishwasher for me.)

Ok, ladies, time for 30DS.  Talk soon!

Erin

4 comments:

  1. Great job with the workout and boo for no new appliances, maybe the plumber will recommend it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin... Good job for sticking with the workout. I'm proud of you. And I love that you refinacned your house and have a little extra cash flow. Maybe we can online shop together? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chest comment cracked me up. It happened to mine too once I started losing weight and exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome that your running is getting easier - I love that feeling. Bustayyy mama problems - so glad they are getting perkier - wish mine were growing. LOL. Sorry for the plumbing issue - geesh...

    ReplyDelete