Social Icons

Weekend Plans

Do you have any plans for the weekend?  We have set ourselves up for another busy one.  It starts tomorrow morning with my nephew’s flag football game at 9.  My mom and sister are taking my boys from there to go to a nearby town’s Fall Festival while I come home to clean the house and make a couple batches of chili.  Tomorrow night our group of friends from our old town are coming down to watch the Nebraska vs. Wisconsin game.  Out of our group of 9 only one of us is a Nebraska fan and NONE of us are Wisconsin fans.  But it was a reason to get together (btw- the rest of us are Iowa Hawkeye fans – GO HAWKS!). 

images

I have bacon wrapped turkey bites marinating in Italian dressing right now that we’ll throw on the grill for our ‘tailgater’.  I’ll also whip up a batch of pumpkin bars.  The other couples are bringing dips and snacks to fill in the gaps.

So after I get the house cleaned and chili going I’ll meet my mom and sister to pick up my kids, then the gang should show up.

Sunday we are going to a pumpkin patch about an hour away.  There are patches closer but this one is AWE-some!  They have a huge, orange jumping pillow (kind of like a trampoline but it’s a giant pillow – pictures will be posted), a barn with hay all over and rope to swing off of and land in the soft, cushy pile, another barn full of corn for the kids to play in, plus a bunch of other fun activities for the kids.  And to top it all off, a hay rack ride out to the pumpkin patch to pick our own.  I can’t wait!

So tell me, what are your plans for the weekend?

Erin

2 comments:

  1. I want your weekend! Especially the pumpkin patch, the pumpkin bars and lets be honest bacon wrapped ANYTHING. Take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like the perfect weekend. What's your chili recipe? You should post it next week. :)

    ReplyDelete