Social Icons

Books, Battles And Bren

Thanks for the kind words and concern for my dear Brennan.  He is doing fine, a lot  less coughing last night but still some coughing.  I called the dr. this morning and she decided a liquid steroid for 5 days was the way to go, so I ran to town this morning to pick that up. He is home with me now and I have given him his first dose.  I wonder how long until he starts going bananas!  He hasn’t felt bad through this whole thing, so that’s been a blessing.  Hopefully by Monday his coughing is 100% gone.

Are you a reader?  Of books, I mean.  I am.  I have always loved to read.  When I was younger I read Nancy Drew mysteries,the Little House on the Prairie series, the Anne of Green Gables series, Babysitters Club, Fear Street and a lot of mysteries.  Now as an adult I’m into smut books (what my sis, mom and I lovingly call romance novels).  Nora Roberts is one of my favorites. Yea, I might know exactly how it’s going to go – they meet, fall in love, have a quarrel and get back together – but I just love the romance of it all.  Last year I read Jodi Picoult and Kristin Hannah for the first time.  Both very good authors, but heavy subjects.  You need to be in a very good place emotionally to pick one of those up.

My all time favorite adult book is ‘Summer Sisters’, by Judy Blume.  Yes, Judy Blume from “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret'”.  She was one of my favorite childhood authors.  I have not ready any of her other adult books, but ‘Summer Sisters’ is amazing!  It makes me so damn mad every time I read it (probably 7 or 8 time now) but that doesn’t keep me from reading it again.  If you’re looking for a good, easy read check it out.  You won’t regret it!

On a bummer note, I am taking some time off from C25K.  I tried running this morning and I felt like my shins were going to snap in half.  I consulted the gals over on ML’s Fit Camp and received some good advice.  So I am going to take a few days break from C25K and pick it back up Tuesday. I will continue with 30DS every day so am not giving up exercise all together.  And I am going to try getting some walking in there, too.  I feel like a loser and failure, but if I don’t get this pain addressed and corrected I am never going to be a runner like I want to be.

I am guest blogging over at Fitness Unscripted today.  It’s the same post I did here last week about starting C25K, but go check it out anyway!  Fitness Unscripted is a very motivating and encouraging blog.  If I feel like I’m slipping or just need an extra emotional boost I hop on over there and read and re-read their posts.  It’s great that we can all help each other in the suck-ass journey called ‘weight loss’.

Love to you all!

Erin

5 comments:

  1. Shin splints? I had them when I first started C25K and took a 5 day break (unintentionally)... that did the trick, they went away and haven't been back since. I saw your guest post over at FU and was like 'waaaiit a minute, I've seen this before!' ;) Perks of being a blog follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad Brennan is getting better. Don't feel bad about skipping the c25k-- listen to your body. I hope you are having a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kids are on the mend.. that is a good thing. I loved that you guest blogged - you are too cute:) Take a night off and rest up - those shins HAVE to feel better to keep plowing through. My calves are killer today and I need a night out - so I am opting for Margarita Madness instead:) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shout out to the Baby Sittters CLub and Judy Blume, loved those books. I even had the BSC board game, haha! I never knew she wrote an adult book, will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to read Seduction and Snacks. It's the funniest book I have ever read and it has your smut in it! I am only half way through the book, but I am sure you will love it.

    ReplyDelete