Social Icons

Love Story Link Up!!!

Hey all! Today’s the day, my very first SOLO link up! I am super nervous, I hope it all goes smoothly and that I get at least one other person to link up!


This is simple, just write about your love story! It doesn’t have to be about a spouse or boyfriend, you can write the love story about your pet, your grandparent, niece, nephew, who or what ever! Here’s mine:
 
I am married to my high school sweetheart. We started dating the last day of our sophmore year.  We were in the same biology class together that year and had a student teacher who taught us next to nothing, so we had a lot of down time to goof off, flirt and hang out.  We were also in band together (yes, we were geeks!) and Andy would wink at me to make me nervous and laugh.  So that's how it all began. This May 29th we will have been together 16 years, which means we'll have been together as long as we were apart.  Weird!  This May 18th we'll have been married 11 years! 
  
So, how did he ask me out?  We were at a party at his best friend's house, it was the last day of school so we were all celebrating.  When it was time for me to leave he walked me to my car.  He told me he heard I liked him (uh huh), and he liked me too (uh huh), so would I like to go out with him?  (Uh huh.)  I was so nervous and excited at the same time!  So we hugged, I hopped in my car and bombed out of there as fast as I could!  A week later he called me and we made plans for our first date.
Our Junior Prom picture, I hated my hair!!!  And can someone say pluck those eyebrows and wear eyeliner? Sheesh, I was so clueless! :)
He took me to a local restaurant for supper.  He had an old Ford Ranger that only had an AM radio in it.  He was so embarrassed but little did he know that I loved our local radio station that it picked up, so I was totally happy with it!  We both ordered chicken strips, then walked up to the video store and rented a movie.  I can't remember the name of it but it was definitely NOT a chick flick and I thought it sucked big time!  We watched the movie, hugged goodnight and home I went.  We didn't have our first kiss for 3 months!
 
Before we started 'going out' Andy had dated a girl off and on all through junior high and our sophmore year. I told him up front I wasn't interested in breaking up and getting back together a bunch of times, so if we ever broke up it was for good.  16 years and we never broke up once!
 
Our engagement picture
 
Fast forward to December 30, 2000.  Andy proposed!  He got down on one knee and asked me to marry him, and of course I said yes!  We knew we wanted a wedding in May but that May was too soon, so we waited 18 months to get married!  We were 21 when we said "I do." We were surrounded by our family and friends and it was the most beautiful day!  We had just bought our first house, had never lived together before, so everything was brand new to us.  It was so great to go home with Andy the night of our wedding, to our little 'love bungalow' in the park.  I made him scrambled eggs when we got home because we were both starving from dancing so much that night.  The next morning we woke up, opened gifts with our families, then took off for a week in Colorado. We were poor and couldn't afford a fancy honeymoon but we had so much fun together that week.  It was one of the best times of our life!
 
5 years later our first baby, a boy, was born!  2 1/2 years after that, Brennan came along!  And we've just been coasting along all these years!  He is truly my best friend, the one and only person I want to spend my spare time with.  I never get sick of him, never get tired of having him around.  He takes care of me in the best way possible, like no one else knows how to.  I have the most fun with him, he always makes me laugh, always makes me feel special and cherished.  He is the best husband in the world for me, I couldn't 'make' a better person for me to share my life with than him.  He's it!  He is the only man in the world I want to be with.  I might joke about another guy being 'yummy' or whatever, but they don't hold a candle to my husband.  I'm more in love today than I was yesterday, a year ago, the year we married, the year we met.  I am beyond lucky to have my love story with him. 
 
We have had ups and downs, hard times, sad times, scary times.  But during each of those times I have said to Andy "I am so glad I have you to go through this with me."  And I meant it every time!  He gives me strength when I don't have any.  He is always the light shining at the end of a dark tunnel. 
 
 
The man can make me laugh!  That is why I first fell in love with him, clear back in Biology class.  He always made me laugh!  Between him and his friend who sat with me and another girl at our table of four, they cracked me up every single day.  That is one thing that has never changed for us, the ability to make each other laugh.
 
So that is my love story.  It is what I've always dreamed of having and I know just how lucky I am.  Yes, there are times that I take him for granted, but even in those times I know I am lucky.  And I know I am loved.  Wow does he love me!  There is never a doubt or question about that, he just does and I know it!  He shows it, and not just in the privacy of our own home.  He's not afraid to show he loves me in public.  Seriously, this man is a dream and I hope I never wake up to find out that is all this was!  I love you, dear husband of mine (all mine!)!  Always, forever!
 
Ok, lets hear yours!
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. Awwww so cute. I love this link-up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love your story. It's so nice to hear about amazing marriages. Thanks for hosting this link-up too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a sweet story! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are lucky! Love you and this! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know other people have already said it, but there's no other way to describe this: your story is so sweet! I love how steady your relationship has been--I agree, that on-again-off-again crap is never a good sign!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your love story! Can't wait to link up later today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! How long is your link-up open?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great story and I love that you two are still strong after all the years. You look absolutely beautiful in your wedding photo, too! Thanks for hosting this link up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet story, I married my highschool sweetheart too! Which hopefully I will get my post up, I'm slackin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww this post made my heart smile! :) This is so super cute and you def a deserve the best man in your life! And you have 3! You're amazing girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you've been together for so long!! That's awesome, not many people can say that!! What a great story! And a great link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great link-up idea!! I can't wait to post mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awwww I love this! You and your hubs are so cute Erin! I feel like such a jerk for not linking up but we were on vacation in Disney land last week! I will be in for the next one for sure!

    ReplyDelete