Social Icons

Bad News

I know some of you are anxious to hear how our ultrasound went.  First, thank you for all of the well wishes and excitement, I have had so much fun sharing the joy of my pregnancy with you.  Now for the bad news.  The US determined that our baby has Anencephaly, a brain defect where the top part of the brain doesn’t develop.  It is fatal.  The baby will not survive.  We have a second US Wednesday to verify the findings, but there doesn’t seem to be any doubt that this is the case.

With this, the baby can develop normally until full term, be delivered but will only live for a few hours after being born.  Or it’s heart can stop beating at anytime and labor will be induced to deliver the stillborn baby.  Lastly, we have the option to terminate the pregnancy within the next few weeks.  We our weighing our options, have an appt. with our OB Monday. 

Our boys are devastated, as are we.  We have received unbelievable support from our family and close friends we have told.  They are all helping us work through this unimaginable nightmare.  As I type this I can feel the baby move.  Hard to believe it is strong and ‘healthy’ but will  never come home to the love we have for it. 

I will be taking some time off from blogging.  I don’t know for how long, maybe a day, maybe a week or more.  I have made some very good friends through blogging and I believe I will need you all over the following days, weeks and months.  I might post sad, depressing posts, I might post more normal posts like in the past.  Who knows how I will feel from day to day.  But Annie and Keyona, PLEASE do not stop sending me emails about your pregnancies.  I always thought if a miscarriage happened to me I would not want to know about other’s pregnancies or see other’s babies, but that is just not true.  It has not made me feel differently about my excitement for you girls and my friends with little babies. 

Please send prayers my way, and prayers for my husband and boys.  I will be in touch and will let you know when and if anything happens. 

Erin

27 comments:

  1. I am so sorry. your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart aches for you and your family. Sending lots of prayers your way.
    The Lord called me before my birth; from within the womb He called me by name.
    ~Isaiah 49:1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so so sorry to hear this. One of my close friends had this happen to her baby on her last pregnancy. It is heart breaking. I will be praying for you and for peace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Erin, I'm so sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! I'll be here to read any posts you write whether they're sad or whatever, but definitely understand the need to take a break for awhile. Prayers coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness girl I am truly sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take all the time you need we'll be waiting patiently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh honey I'm so sorry! Please let me know if you need anything and email anytime girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry to hear this Erin. Praying for you and your family...strength, peace, hope, comfort...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Erin, I wish I could give you a big hug. I am so, so, so sorry. You and your family are on my heart and in my thoughts and prayers. Please email me if you need to talk and take all the time you need!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am crying for you right now. Sweet girl. I am going to email you right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so very sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you and your family in this hard time

    ReplyDelete
  12. There should never be such heartache. The world just never seems fair when a child has to suffer. Even a child who is waiting to be born.

    Someone good to reach out to would be UnknownMami. She gave birth a couple of years ago to a little girl who during the ultrasound was said to have no kidney's. She was born with one good kidney. She struggled in making the decisions regarding her little 'Luna Pie'.

    It's never an easy decision to make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Life is so unfair. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. A very close cousin of mine was also pregnant recently and was given a fatal diagnosis and given the same options as you. I hope and pray that you and your family can get through this.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe I am reading this now. My heart hurts so bad for you. I never ever ever understand this type of thing. I love you so much and am sending tonsof prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so incredibly sorry my heart goes out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Erin, I can't even imagine the pain you and your family is going through. Please know that my thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So so sorry. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
    walkinginmemphisinhighheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. My heart is broken for you. Sending all my love and hugs your way. Praying for you and your family during the upcoming weeks and months. God will get you through.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so sorry. I wish I had the right words. Just know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. I too have been having a rough pregnancy where termination seems to be around every corner. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  20. My heart is breaking for you. I will be praying for you and all your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so sorry! I've been there and know the heart break. Keep our head up and you will be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Praying for you and your family for healing and some wisdom to make any decisions you need. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so sorry for your family! *Praying*

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so so sorry. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I follow a couple on Facebook that went through this with their child. Here is the link if you'd like to talk to them. https://www.facebook.com/LovingLondonLara?fref=ts

    I am praying for you and your family during this difficult time. I'm so sorry you're facing this terrible and heartbreaking situation.

    ReplyDelete
  26. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am so behind on my blogs I read!! I am so sorry to hear this! Thoughts and prayers to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete