Social Icons

Last Day Of 2013

Here we are, we made it through another year.  Exactly one year ago today I was sitting here thinking 2013 was going to be such a great year.  Well, it wasn’t exactly.  By February it had turned into the worst time of my life.  If you are new here you can read about this awful time HERE. So today I sit here and wonder what 2014 will bring.  I hate to jinx it like I did last year so I’m not going to list anything great I expect to happen.

2013 didn’t turn out to be an entirely awful year, thank goodness.  As you all know we are expecting out little bundle of love this coming February, so going through 7 months of my pregnancy in ‘13 made that part pretty great.  We celebrated some good friend’s new life together and watched them walk down the aisle.  We made a million memories with the boys. Andy and are stronger than ever and have had so much fun just being with each other.  As horrible as February 2013 was we were lucky enough to turn the year around and make it a pretty great year overall.  But I’m not sad to say goodbye to it.

How are you all ringing in the new year?  I will be watching midnight come and go from the backs of my eyelids.  My plan is to take as long of a nap as possible in the afternoon so I can stay up as long as possible tonight.  I’d like to see the ball drop in Times Square, which happens at 11:00 our time.  After that good night!  We had an invitation to go to my sister’s house to hang out but with this pelvic bone pain I just can’t imagine dealing w/ that at someone else’s house right now.  I’m being a weenie and I don’t care.  I want to be comfortable.  So we are making homemade pizza (sausage, pineapple and anchovies for me, yummmm!!!) and boneless buffalo wings (thanks to my new Pioneer Woman cookbook!).  We’ll watch some Hawkeye basketball before we turn on New Years Rockin’ Eve. 

New Years Day I’ll wake up feeling rested (well, sort of) and plan on moving Brennan into Aiden’s room to make way for the baby.  Then it’s Bowl Time, Bay-bay!  Iowa plays at 1:00, can’t wait!  Go Hawks!

I wish you all a very happy, healthy, prosperous 2014.  I hope it’s your best year yet!

Erin

8 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! Hope you have a good night at home w/family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anchovies? I can't even imagine.

    We are going over to our friends house. I am super excited. It is going to be really low key. Just the four adults, and then five kids ranging from 12-3. It should be a lot of fun!

    2014 is going to rock!! Only 47 more days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check out this boneless buffalo wing recipe! Frank's Red Hot sells a Buffalo sauce that we use when I fry up tenders. It is so good! And anchovies? I love you friend, but we will not be sharing a pizza anytime soon! Happy New Year girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy new year to you all!!
    Take it easy moving the rooms tomorrow! And get lots of rest tonight!
    Anchovies make me barf! Yuck!!
    And 2014 will be a a amazing year with that new little babe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I pray 2014 is a wonderful year for you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year to you and your beautiful family..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a fabulous NYE to me!!! I love being at home!!!

    ReplyDelete