Social Icons

A Couple Of Things

Happy Friday!  It’s pretty dang cold here for the next 5- 7 days, highs in the teens is all. I am secretly loving this weather, shhh! Don’t tell!

Because it was so cold coming back last night poor Dynamite needed something to warm himself up. What better than a cup of hot chocolate?!!?  He even has a chocolate mustache this morning!

IMG_0345IMG_0346

I told you I was getting my hair done on Wednesday. Well, I never could remember to have Andy take a picture for me so I gave it a shot this morning.  Didn’t turn out super great but you’ll get the general idea of how it looks.  I added in a lot of a really warm brown and a few lighter caramel colored hi-lights. 

IMG_20131206_083124

(Ok, that’s really poor quality and you can’t even tell what it really looks like. Sorry.)

Erin is doing a link up today to show off your Christmas cards.  Here is ours.

IMG_0343

button

I’m heading off to volunteer at our church’s gift shop today.  It’s all decorated for Christmas and looks beautiful in there, plus the Christmas music will be playing .. going to be a nice, relaxing day!  I’ll post a few pics on IG today to show you what it looks like.

Plans for the weekend?  We are busy again.  Tomorrow Andy takes his mom Christmas shopping for the day, then we are meeting up in the evening and I am going out with the girls for my hometown’s Christmas Tour of Homes.  You get to go into people’s houses (that volunteer, not just random houses!) and get to see all of their decorations.  The money for admission goes to decorating and maintaining the decorations on our town square.  After that, supper with the girls!  Sunday is religion classes for the boys, then my mom’s side’s annual Tree Hopping day (we go house to house eating and drinking, socializing and checking out their tree).  Sunday  night is the boys’ religion class Christmas Pageant.  We are expecting a big snow Sunday sometime, hoping none of this gets cancelled.  Monday morning, my 3 hr glucose test and 30 week baby checkup.  Then Monday night the school Christmas concert.  Sheesh, I’m wiped out already!!!  Glad next week settles down and we can just relax.

Oh boy, time to go!!!  Talk soon!

Erin

9 comments:

  1. Your hair looks nice and your Christmas card is really cute. Stopping by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hot cocoa mustache! Your hair...the color, the thickness, the curl. I die. Its gorgeous!!! Have fun this weekend. I hope the weather doesn't interrupt any plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hot cocoa mustache! Your hair...the color, the thickness, the curl. I die. Its gorgeous!!! Have fun this weekend. I hope the weather doesn't interrupt any plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you used that picture for your Christmas card!! And I am digging the hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want your hair. For real. It's so gorgeous!
    How can you love that weather?! It's SO COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your hair looks great! I've never had highlights or anything fancy done to my hair. I'd like to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, your weekend all sounds so fun! Except that darn glucose test!! But tree hopping, I totally want to do that!!
    Like I just said, it's cold here, but this morning my hometown made it into the top coldest places in the world,! It was #11 with a temp of -38.9. I do NOT miss those days at ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and how do you curl your hair? Again, it's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, what a perfect card... love it! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete