Social Icons

Scrappy Sunday

Another fabulous weekend in the books.  And this weekend was especially fabulous because the weather was a-mazing!  Perfect temps.  Sunday afternoon was rainy, which is much needed around here so that adds to the amazing-ness of it.  So what to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon? Scrapbook!  By the time I got started I only had time for one full page and time to finally finish another page I've been scratching my head over.  Here they are.



This layout gave me a ton of trouble.  I had the entire thing done except the bottom left corner.  I just could not figure out a title for this page, which I was planning on putting on that green.  I scratched my head, put it away, got it out, looked online for ideas, put it away, etc, etc.  Sunday I got it out - AGAIN - and finally genius struck!  I love how colorful this page is!


I used some buttons as embellishments, and doubled up the white one on top of the red.  


The star is made up of 3 layers, then I used my sewing machine to stitch them together.  If it wasn't in the clear plastic page protector it'd be more 3-D, but I couldn't 'fluff' the layers under there.


I am a scrap lifter.  I have a hard time getting my creative juices flowing and need some guidance from sketches.  I use the DCWV blog for ideas, also Scrapbooks.com.  This sketch is from Sketch Savvy.  They have awesome sketches!

 These flowers I cut out of coordinating paper, then used Dimensionals to give them a bit of a 3-D effect.  Then I used brads for the centers to spice them up.

Happy Scrapping!
Erin

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!