Social Icons

Weekend Recap

Hey there!  Wow, what a busy few days!

Saturday my mom, sister, niece, Tate and I went 'Back to School Shopping'.  We do this every year, have since I was a kid.  We went to an outlet mall about 45 minutes from here.  We had a great time!  We always say it's not a successful shopping day unless we honk our car horn at someone, which we did, which means it was successful!  I ended up getting a new purse, a pair of jeans, a longer sweater to wear with my leggings and boots and a vest thing that I'm still not sure about.  I think it's kind of cute/trendy but when I bought it the old lady checking me out said she had it and just loved it, which totally made me second guess myself.  IDK, we'll see if I keep it or take it back.  I need to put it together with a whole outfit, maybe that will make me like it more.

Tater Tot made out like a wild man, Carter's was having an awesome sale!  But I didn't get the right sizes so will be going back to exchange a couple of things.  Darn. 

Andy was at the Iowa game that day (we won, somehow - it was UGLY! But a W is a W. 2 and 0 Baybay!) so when I got home the boys and I headed to town for church.  We ended up talking my folks and sister's family into going out to supper with us afterwards, which was a fun way to end the day.

Sunday was our church's annual Fall Festival, our big fundraiser for the year.  I clerked at the auction, like I do most years, and had a great time doing that with my sister and mom.  And I had 2 pieces of pie that day, Pecan and Pumpkin. Yum! :)  Ha ha!  Pumpkin with lunch, Pecan later in the afternoon while watching the auction.  I always love the Fall Fest, it's kind of like the kickoff to Fall for me.

Speaking of which, I think I'm going to start getting my Fall decorations out this week.  The temps are going to be cooling off quite a bit after today, 60's for highs!  So I need to make the house look and feel the part.

Monday was still super busy.  Tater and I headed to town for groceries and errands after dropping the boys off at school.  He finished his 3rd antibiotic for this darn ear infection on Saturday but yesterday in the morning he woke with more drainage and bright yellow pus.  (Sorry, TMI?)  I called Andy to see what he thought, we decided to wait and see.  Dumb, should have just listened to my instincts.  We got home a few hours later and he was pretty tired.  I laid him down for a nap, which wasn't long enough. We he woke up I decided he needed to be seen by the dr. again.  They worked us into the schedule that afternoon and guess what, it's still a raging ear infection.  So they have referred us to an ENT and we are going tomorrow to discuss tubes.  My poor poor baby!  I know it is such an easy procedure, they do millions a year (literally, I googled it!), but when I think of walking away from my sweet little punkin pie, oh it just breaks my poor mommy's heart.  I want him to get relief, though, so will do what they suggest. Keep my little guy in your prayers, please.  Will let you know when and if they do surgery. 

So that's been my crazy few days.  Today I am going to work on getting the house decorated.  I am attempting to stain some terra cotta pots to plant a couple mums in - not sure how or if that's going to work but I knew I didn't want bright terra cotta on my front steps.  I got a bale of hay to put on our front step (Dad didn't have any straw, having to make it work), going to decorate on top of and in front of it.  Need to find some pumpkins, they should be available in the next week or so up here.  So, when it's all done and has come together I'll take some pics and post those.  Wish me luck on those pots!

Have a great Tuesday!

post signature


  1. Good for you to go out and do some shopping for yourself! I can't even remember the last time I did that. Far too long, obviously.
    My home town's Fall church supper is this weekend. Funny how much I miss that! The homemade sweets were always the best!
    Poor Tate. :( Sending a few extra prayers your way!

  2. Poor Tate and poor mommy! Our youngest had 2 sets of tubes and while it was the best decision, having them put your baby under is AWFUL! I cried so hard the Dr. came out and asked if I had recovered LOL. It's harder on us than it is on them.
    Hmmm...... staying terra cotta pots! Tell me more?

  3. Graycie had tubes put in at 11 monthes and was eating breakfast at Bob Evan's an hour after the procedure. That was 3.5 years ago and she has only had 1 ear infection since. She was going to the dr once a week. It is much harder on us parents than the kids! You all will be in my thoughts.