Social Icons

Under Construction

 

Ugh, construction!  We are tearing our flooring up in preparation for our new flooring that’s being installed starting tomorrow.  It makes me feel icky.  I can’t wait to show you pics of the whole process so you can see just how nasty the original flooring was that was under the linoleum and carpet.  Ick!  No one is allowed to walk around in the house without their shoes on until this is all done.  Yuck!!!

In addition to being totally grossed out by that, I’m getting an icky feeling from the mess we are living in.  This picture shows the amount of dust that was created just by Andy using the shop vac (ours has hormonal issues and blows a TON of dust out when it’s turned on).  This dust will just get worse as the guys who are installing the flooring use their saws to cut the floor to length. 

20140514_071413

Think of how much dusting I will have to be doing starting Friday after they are done!

Here is a sneak peak at the flooring that’s going down. 

20140514_071352

Ha ha, sorry, just a tease!  But can you see the couch sitting in front of it?  Yea, that couch doesn’t normally sit there.  It’s been moved because of the whole tear out process! AAAAHHHHHHH!  I’m going insane over here! 

All of this is just a few short days process but it’s got me all tied up in knots.  I can’t imagine having to live in a construction zone for months like some people who gut and redo their entire house!  That was always my dream, to get a neat old farmhouse that needed updating and to do it ourselves.  This has me second guessing that.  Andy and I have done some pretty big renovations before, like totally gutting our bathroom in our first home. Now THAT was disgusting!  I survived it but talk about having a poopy tummy for a few days!  I totally felt disgusting during that long weekend.

I am very grateful that we can do some of the work ourselves and that we are getting new flooring, I’m just over the mess already. 

Can’t wait to show you before and after pictures next week!

Have you ever lived in a construction zone? What renovations have you made to your house?

post signature

6 comments:

  1. I feel the same way when we do renovations to our 100 year old farm house. I thought that this is what I always wanted to do and then we start the construction and I personally never feel clean. I feel what you are going through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your new floors! I'm sure it will be worth all the mess and headache! It's fun to upgrade the house, but the work is rough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to see how it looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the finished results, but you are giving me anxiety! Our house was built in 2009, but the ass hats that did it only like glued the subfloor down and didn't use nails (which I think is basically "legal" or to code or whatever, but a cheap/quick way to do it) so now all of our tile is starting to crack basically because pieces of said glued subfloor thing is starting to come unglued. Ugh...anyway, we are attempting to put of the renovation for another couple years, but all the tile will have to be busted up and removed, the subfloor NAILED back down and then the flooring replaced - we will also do wood (it's just so pretty)! However, I already told The Husband we will be going on a week long vacation that will conveniently coincide with the a construction crew demolishing my house! The dust situation already FREAKS me out! Dust from the tiles, dust from the wood, just DUST! EVERYWHERE! Good luck to you, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never renovated or done any type of construction in my home. I would probably get annoyed sometimes but it is SO exciting to be able to do something like that! I wish I was in a place where I could fix some things up right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just reno'd our kitchen. But, thankfully we did it before we moved it. The thought of having all that going on while we lived in it gave me serious anxiety.
    Good luck, and I hope everything goes super speedy for you!

    ReplyDelete