Social Icons

Aiden’s First Communion

IMG_0809We had such a great day celebrating Aiden’s First Communion Saturday!  Everything came together perfectly.

Aiden looked so darn handsome in his blue shirt and tie!  Add the boutonniere and holy smokes, I had a half grown man standing there! Prom started to flash before my eyes.

We had family pictures taken before the service started, which I’ll get in a couple of weeks to share with you.  Then individual pics of the kids, then a big group shot of all of them. 

IMG_0837

 

 

My grandpa’s sister, Martha, was Aiden’s Prayer Partner. I was so thrilled that she said yes when I asked her to help Aiden through this journey.  When we started classes last fall the teachers were wanting the kids to have Prayer Partners who attended our church so they could know some of the church members and to kind of close the generation gap.  That meant asking my sister was out.  The next best thing was Aunt Martha!  She is so patient and kind and made Aiden feel so special all year!

 

 

 

 

After the ceremony our family came back here to our house for supper.  I made lasagna, garlic bread, lettuce salad and a fruit salad.  For dessert I made a cupcake cross.  The cupcakes were chocolate with a peanut butter frosting. I found the recipe on Pinterest for the Peanut Butter frosting – it’s on my “Cooking and Recipes” board, you can find the link to my Pinterest page on the left.  The whole meal came off perfectly.  I made a new pasta sauce, the recipe was one of Pioneer Woman’s which can be found HERE.  It was really good, and I’m super picky about my pasta sauce so you can be sure it’s delicious! Give it a try sometime! (I halved the recipe and it made 2 lasagna’s.)  Here’s the cupcake cross.

IMG_0838 

I was worried I’d run out of the frosting but had plenty, so next time I’ll be sure to really fill the tops of the cakes.

Aiden received some really nice gifts from his family.  Andy and I got him a Saint Christopher medal necklace.  He received a really neat Bible from my sister’s family – it’s kind of set up like a comic book, called an Action Bible.  I recommend this for boys, super neat! 

It was such a great day for Aiden.  I remember so many details about my First Communion and I hope Aiden remembers his, too. 

Because everyone was dressed up I took advantage and took a bunch of family pictures.  Here is my grandma with 5 of her great grandkids. From left: Aiden, Charley (my nephew), Grandma, Tate, Nora Jean (my niece), and Brennan.

IMG_0839

My parents with my boys (Tate was over it by this point):

IMG_0843

And my favorite picture of the night, my dad, mom, Tate and me:

IMG_0860

Andy was awesome snapping pictures for me and he caught this moment – love it!  I don’t remember what we were laughing about but Andy captured it perfectly. 

And just because it’s a good picture I’ll share the 4 generations picture of my sister, her kids, my mom and Grandma.

IMG_0858

How was your weekend?  Do you remember an important event in your childhood, like your First Communion? 

post signature

6 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome weekend! I remember my first communion very well it was such a beautiful day. My daughter will be baptized next month and I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...... What a beautiful weekend filled with memories. The picture of you, your mom, dad and Tate is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, the picture of you with your parents. I heart this. And Tate. What a cutie! I'm so glad to hear the spaghetti sauce was good. We will be trying it out soon. Your cupcakes are so pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute photos! I love anything with peanut butter so those cupcakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad the menu went well! Peanut butter frosting sounds amazing! I can't get over how long Tate is in those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a handsome guy! I'm so glad it all went well! I love all the family pics, you really have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete