Social Icons

Sweet Baby Tate Is 3 Months Old

 

IMG_0929

Wow, 3 months!  Oh Mister Tater, how I do love you!  I can’t believe our family lived so long without you in it!  So often in every day I sit and just marvel at you, at how perfect you are, at how much I absolutely love you.  You make me feel complete, Tate.  Thank you, God, for giving me this amazing little baby boy!

New this month:

  • TATE IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!  Yep, he goes down around 9:00 every night, wakes up between 6 and 6:30 every morning! 
  • He has outgrown size 2 diapers, we are now in size 3’s (as of yesterday)
  • He is wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes but the one piece sleepers are almost too short.  He has a few 12mo outfits that he wears now.
  • Hanging out in the jumper
  • Giggles!!!  Tate was 9 weeks 4 days old when we first heard his deep voiced giggle!  Oh my goodness, so adorable!
  • Longer stretches of calm, content baby

IMG_20140509_130422

At 3 months old Tate LIKES:

  • His jumper!  He is so content in that thing.  He just hangs out in there, looking around, taking in everything he can see in the upright position. He follows me around the room with his eyes.  And he gets to wobbling, jumping, dancing and moving in that thing! Those chubby little legs can really go!
  • His big brothers!  On Sunday he was a tad fussy.  I put him in his high chair for a minute so I could help Andy.  When I came back he was happily watching his big brothers jump around and act goofy in front of him.  The big boys made fools of themselves for Tate for 20 minutes and he was a happy camper! 
  • Daddy!  Most mornings when Andy gets up to take his shower before work he goes into Tate’s room to check on him.  There lays Tate, chewing on his fists, cooing to himself.  As soon as he sees Andy his little face lights up and he gives his daddy the biggest “I’m so happy to see you” smile! 
  • His blue snuggle blankie.  Tate has become a blankie man!  If I give him his blankie he grabs ahold of it and rubs it on his sweet little face.  He gets his little fists balled up inside of it and then sticks it in his mouth.  If I lay it on my shoulder he’ll snuzzle down in and make his little nest.  I love that Tate loves his blankie!
  • Laying on the floor kicking his legs, putting his little fists in his mouth and sucking on them, and cooing at Mommy and Daddy
  • Being outside under the trees.  He cranks his head all the way back to look up at them, trying to figure out what they are.

20140509_194029

At 3 months old Tate does NOT like:

  • A bottle.  Nope, still have not been able to get Tate to take a bottle.  I am just fine with this now.  I’ve come to peace with the fact that he’ll never take one and I won’t be able to leave him for more than an hour, 2 at the most.  Why would I want to leave this sweet little bundle anyway?  It stinks for Daddy, he wants to have that bonding time with Tater, but we both decided it wasn’t worth upsetting the little guy anymore.  So mommy and her milk only it is!
  • Sleeping in his bed during the day.  Tate will sleep in his crib all night long, no problem, but during the day he wakes up 10-20 minutes after I lay him down in his crib.  Naps are taken in his swing, the car seat or in Mommy’s arms.
  • Being hot.  He is such a hot blooded baby!  He gets so hot sitting in his car seat.  He has not liked the hotter, more humid days we have experienced over the last month.  We’ve only had a few so far but I’m wondering how he will handle the hot, humid weather this summer.

 

Excitement over the past month:  Mother’s Day!  Easter!  Aiden’s First Communion!  These events were all made even better because Tate was there with us!

My favorite picture over the last month:

IMG_0879

Tummy time!!

I’m excited to see all of the new things Tate learns over the next month.  Maybe rolling over will be his new trick!?!

 

post signature

12 comments:

  1. He is such a cute! My almost four month old is still in size one diapers, she's so long and small in the waist. It's funny to see how kids of the same age are such a different size than her. One of my best friends has a three month old that is a big boy too, in 6-9 month clothes and size 2 diapers. I was a long skinny baby so she must get it from me!

    My daughter just started rolling over this week and finally quit hating tummy time. It's so fun to watch them learn new things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love sweet Tate!!! He's so handsome! I'm jealous he sleeps through the night! Can't believe he's already 3 months!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT?! Already a quarter of a year old?! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe he is 3 months! He looks like he has so much personality from the pictures! Adley is a hot blooded baby too. SOmetimes she just wants me to put her down because she gets so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time certainly flies by. My son will be one on June 20th, it's just around the corner and it makes me sad to think about it. Tate is super cute and seems like a happy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time flies doesn't it?! He is so damn adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is so dang cute!! I can't believe he's already in size 3 diapers... what a big healthy boy!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love him!!! Size 3 diapers! Mav isn't even in size 3 diapers yet!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marcus STILL doesn't sleep through the night. Ok, he does, but it seems like we're constantly battling sleep regressions.
    What a cute little man you have. And, how lucky to have him snuggle with you during daytime naps.
    Happy 3 Months, Tate!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord have mercy. He wears the same size diapers as Lukas. I have a runt on my hands! He is the most handsome little thing Erin. I bet you just love being home with him, cuddling.

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so cute! My son just turned 4 months and just started rolling over, we were so excited :) 3 months is such a fun age because they start doing so many new things-grabbing toys, laughing, talking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look how dark his hair is! I love it! He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete