Social Icons

Happy Birthday, Brennie Bug!

On this day 3 years ago I went to work like every day, although this day was my due date.  Mid-morning I started having contractions but didn't tell anyone because I was embarrassed by my false alarm 2 weeks prior to this.  And I figured lightning couldn't strike twice since Aiden was born on his due date.  So I worked all day long, went and picked Aiden up from the sitters and went home to play outside with Aiden since it was a nice, mild day (similar to today).  When Andy got home about 5:30 he could tell I wasn't feeling quite right.  I cooked supper, all the while having contractions.  I picked at my food and hardly ate anything.  Andy asked if I wanted to head to the hospital (an hour away) but for some reason I felt this need to bathe Aiden before we left.  So by the time we got the supper all picked up, Aiden bathed, and our bags packed it was about 7:45. 

We made it to the hospital in record time, probably because Andy thought I was going to deliver the baby on the side of the road if he didn't hurry.  Aiden slept most of the way, already in his jammies.  We pulled into the parking lot and there were my folks, waiting to get Aiden (I had called on the way down).  My dad rushed over to help me out of the car while Andy passed Aiden to my mom and put his bag in their car.  Right as my dad reached out to give me a hug a huge contraction hit and scared my dad to death!  He told Andy to get me inside right away (ha ha!) and off they went.  We went in, I changed into a gown, and then they checked me -- I was at a 5/6!  At this point it was about 9:00, and the doctor told me she thought I'd have the baby on it's due date, just like Aiden.  But, as we know Bren know, he had his own plans.
Andy said "Let's take a 'still pregnant' picture."  Ha ha.

They hooked me up to the machines and IV's, I got an epidural and then waited.  Then my water broke.  The dr checked me again and little Bren had his forehead up, trying come out forehead first.  She worked and worked to push his head down so his chin and chest were touching, but he was tough and defiant and wanted it his way.  So midnight came and went (along w/ my due date) and no baby.  Finally at 2:15 I started pushing.  By this point my epidural had worn off and the re-dose didn't work.  I was on my own.  Finally, after an hour and a half, little Brennan was born.  9lbs 1oz, 20 1/4 inches long.  Because of the difficult labor he wasn't breathing right away so they worked on his for a bit before he started crying.  But he was perfect, adorable, BIG. :)  He had the biggest, chubbiest cheeks!  It was love at first sight. 
One day old and sleeping soundly!

It was love at first sight for Aiden, too.  He just LOVED that little baby brother of his!  He was such a good helper, such a lovey brother.  He was always right by little Bren's side.  That makes a mom's heart swell with pride and love!
Proud big brother!

Brennan today is still a bit defiant, still wants it his way, and still does things in his own time.  Sweet. :)  We love that little Bug so much, he brings so much joy to our lives.  Happy Birthday, Brenner!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!