Social Icons

Friday Favorites


Happy Friday everyone!  I hope you've had a great week!  Here are my favorites from this week.



ONE
These guys!  




They finished their season last night with a record of 9 -3!  It has been so much fun watching these boys grow over the course of the last 6 weeks.  Going to miss sitting in the bleachers cheering them on.  Half of them move up to 12U ball next year, and the ones who will still be in 10U have a good chance of being split up with some playing together again and some being on the other team.  I'm just glad they'll all still be classmates and buddies and eventually play together again as they get older.


TWO

Chili's Car Side to Go!  More specifically, their chips and salsa to go!  Wednesday we made a quick trip to the big city so I could take a tote full of clothes to a consignment store and for Andy and Aiden to stop at Scheel's and get some new Hawkeye t-shirts for their big basketball camp tonight. (More on that later.)  We were starving but I had supper laid out at home so we quickly ordered up some Chili's chips and salsa, some of the best around, to bring home and snarf down while supper was cooking. SO yummy and I love their car side to go option!


Image result for chili's chips and salsa image


THREE

Evening walks with pretty skies.  The other night I needed to just go for a walk to burn off steam and put me in a better mood.  It had been one of those days.  The sky was so pretty that night (every night), I just had to snap a picture.



We have another busy weekend ahead.  Tonight Andy and Aiden are going to an overnight camp that the Iowa Men's Basketball team and staff put on.  They arrive about 5:00, check into their dorm room then hustle over to the Field House (where the team practices) to start learning and scrimmaging.  I think Andy may have a heart attack from being around so many Hawkeyes!  They play until about 10:00, hit the hay, then meet up next morning a little after 8 at Carver Hawkeye Arena, where they play their games, for a morning of more basketball and fun.  To end the morning they have an autograph session, which I think will be super cool for Aiden!  I cannot wait for them to come home Saturday afternoon with all of their stories!!!

While Andy and Aiden are at camp having fun, Bren, Tate and I are going to the park to meet my folks and sister's family for pizza to celebrate Father's Day.  Yea, it's 2 days early.  Yea, it's pizza at the park. But it'll still be nice to mostly all be together.

Saturday night I'm going over to a friend's house to hang out with the girls for the evening.  Deana is making some yummy chicken tacos that are supposed to be healthy, which means I'm taking something totally NOT healthy for dessert, ha ha!

Sunday is Father's Day!  The boys and I will let Andy sleep in, then take him to the big city for a Panchero's burrito, his favorite!  And for the afternoon Andy and the big boys will go golfing while Tate takes a nap at home (and maybe me, too!).  To finish the night up, Bren's baseball game!

I think I forgot to mention that at last Sunday's game Bren was standing between 3rd base and the pitcher's mound and he was catching ball after ball after ball. Then he'd run over and tag the batter out that was running to home.  He did that at least 8 times, if not more.  It was every single run he did it!  I was cracking up because he got all the players 'out' in the inning.  He loves that game so much, you can totally tell he enjoys it!  And he caught a pop fly, his first in a game!!!  All that practice paid off! And the look on his face!!!!  He wouldn't give us a big smile, just kind of a shit eating grin, which made me laugh, too!  Silly boy!

Have a great weekend and Happy Father's Day to all the daddies out there!!!


post signature

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your baseball season was a really good, and fun, one!!
    The Hawkeye basketball camp sounds cool. And it sounds like Aiden and Andy will both have a blast. :)
    That Iowa sunset... Makes me miss home so much.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chili's chips and salsa is sooo good... they have awesome Ranch too and we always get that will the chips too... heavenly!! Sounds like you guys have a busy weekend with lots of fun planned... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete