Social Icons

#ISF14


Friday we went to The Great Iowa State Fair.  It was another fabulous year to go! The weather was perfect, the crowds were friendly and the food was out of this world!

The Big Animals:



 



 The Big Slide and Ye Olde Mill:





The Hot Beef Sundae:
(My sister says it looks disgusting, and maybe it's not the prettiest of presentations, but oh my is it good! Mashed potatoes covered with hot beef, sprinkled with cheese and topped with a cherry tomato.)


The Butter Cow:
(This year's theme was The Field Of Dreams)

 

Other Fun:




We had such a great, fun day!  We actually took our time this year which was such a nice change of pace. 

One of my favorite things about the whole day were the 2 breastfeeding/baby stations they now offer.  It worked out great that both times Tate was hungry we were near the stations. They offer rocking chairs, changing tables, give you a baggie and disposable changing pad as you go in and privacy.  It was so wonderful!  I walked in to both nursing areas to find other mommies in there with their sweet little bundles, it was such a feeling of community! I told Andy I wish I could just go sit and nurse Tate around other nursing mom's once a week.  I loved the feeling!  Thank you, ISF, for offering these areas for us mommies and our little ones, such an awesome service you have provided!  (For those ISF mommies looking for a clean, cool place to change, feed and rock to sleep your baby, these centers are in the live animal birthing barn on the north side of the fairgrounds and in the Walnut Center which is across from the horse barn.)

We are already looking forward to next year's trip to the Fair!

"Our state fair is a GREAT state fair! Don't miss it, don't even be late!"

post signature

4 comments:

  1. What fun! I'm totally drooling over that hot beef sundae!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad I finally know what a hot beef sundae is and it sounds AH. MAZ.ING! I love the picture of you and Tate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I type this we are on our way to the ISF! I have a whole list of food to eat and things to check out. Cannot wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! Hot Beef Sundae time! I remember asking you about this last year and wanting to eat it.

    ReplyDelete